Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ThemeOne
    • By ThemeOne 19th Sep 19, 9:05 PM
    • 1,353Posts
    • 1,120Thanks
    ThemeOne
    Dishwasher Smell
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:05 PM
    Dishwasher Smell 19th Sep 19 at 9:05 PM
    I've recently bought a new Bosch dishwasher, and although very pleased with it, I've noticed a bad smell coming from it.

I ran it with dishwasher cleaner, and it seemed to improve for a few days, but I've just noticed the smell is back.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?
Page 1
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 19th Sep 19, 9:33 PM
    • 11,191 Posts
    • 12,754 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:33 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:33 PM
    Is this the first dishwasher you've had or was it replacing an existing one?

If it's the first, did you get someone to sort out the plumbing for the waste water? If so, it's possible that this has been done incorrectly so the outlet pipe hasn't been separated from the drain by a water trap (U-bend) and what you are smelling is the outside drain.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,656Posts Today

8,851Users online

Martin's Twitter