Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • treecol
    • By treecol 12th Sep 19, 7:30 PM
    • 307Posts
    • 43Thanks
    treecol
    Do uswitch do all the switching?
    • 12th Sep 19, 7:30 PM
    Do uswitch do all the switching? 12th Sep 19 at 7:30 PM
    I signed up to uswitch around a month ago and switched to British Gas to supply a dual fuel tariff. They said they do the switching, which they must have done as I had plenty of emails from Brit Gas including asking for my meter readings when they took over my energy.
    But Npower my previous supplier seem totally unaware of the switch. So although my account with them is in credit, I have stopped my direct debit as I don't want to be charged twice and I have made contact with them, but as yet no response.
    So have I got it wrong that uswitch don't all? Any advice with regards to Npower?
Page 1
    • tk47
    • By tk47 12th Sep 19, 11:19 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    tk47
    • 12th Sep 19, 11:19 PM
    • 12th Sep 19, 11:19 PM
    I signed up to uswitch around a month ago and switched to British Gas to supply a dual fuel tariff. They said they do the switching, which they must have done as I had plenty of emails from Brit Gas including asking for my meter readings when they took over my energy.
    But Npower my previous supplier seem totally unaware of the switch. So although my account with them is in credit, I have stopped my direct debit as I don't want to be charged twice and I have made contact with them, but as yet no response.
    So have I got it wrong that uswitch don't all? Any advice with regards to Npower?
    Originally posted by treecol
    https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/how-to-switch-gas-and-electricity/

There are feedback threads on all suppliers on this site. Please use the search function that can be found here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php
    • treecol
    • By treecol 13th Sep 19, 6:44 AM
    • 307 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    treecol
    • 13th Sep 19, 6:44 AM
    • 13th Sep 19, 6:44 AM
    Thank you but that doesn't answer the question. Already searched and nothing came up on the same subject.
    I know from their website the switch is all taken care of but as I said in my case it hasn't happened and I was asking in case anyone else had the same experience so they could let me know what they did.
  • nPower
    • 13th Sep 19, 7:44 AM
    • 13th Sep 19, 7:44 AM
    Hello treecol,

Uswitch should arrange the switch. Please drop us an email using the email address on our profile page and we'll check to see if we have received a switch request from BG. Thanks
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
    • treecol
    • By treecol 13th Sep 19, 4:18 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    treecol
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:18 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:18 PM
    Thank you. Spoke to one of your colleagues via WhatsApp and it seems BG are at fault for not informing you of our meter reading etc although you have confirmed you are no longer supplying our energy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,940Posts Today

8,403Users online

Martin's Twitter