Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 7th Aug 11, 10:45 AM
    • 30,204Posts
    • 47,071Thanks
    savvy
    0 WOW
    DO NOT POST ON THIS BOARD - until you have read this please!
    • 7th Aug 11, 10:45 AM
    0 WOW
    DO NOT POST ON THIS BOARD - until you have read this please! 7th Aug 11 at 10:45 AM
    This board is not for posts like;

"Best places to go on a Hen weekend?"

"Holidays with good pools?"

"Help me get a cheap holiday!"

"Where can I take the kids on holiday?"

"Best place to buy currency?"

"Can you beat this price?"

Nor things like offers on Grazeboxes, dishwasher tablets and craft products!!!!

This board is literally just for reporting (as the title says) Holiday Deals, Holiday Bargains and any Special Offers on holidays, only!

Sorry if you think this sounds stern but the board should be a list of deals, offers and bargains that is easy to scan down for anything of interest, getting cluttered up with questions that should be asked on the relevant planning your holiday boards (either Overseas or UK) is very frustrating for people to try and wade through (see previous threads here and here) and a complete and utter pain in the !!! to sift through the threads and move all the irrelevant ones and explain to people why it's moved when they complain their thread has suddenly gone!

SO please adhere to the format of this board so that we don't lose this facility, and make it easier to find the bargains we all crave for so we can get on and have a fab holiday

TIA
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

Page 2
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 20th Mar 15, 12:25 AM
    • 9,555 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    Yep Poogofish! Well I think it's a bargain ..
    Originally posted by peejbob
    Not in this thread - And its spammed from another forum!
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 21st Mar 15, 8:27 AM
    • 9,555 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    You guys really NEED to read the OP and stick to the topic.. This thread IS to 'share holiday deals' please, not fudge up the threads with half baked complains about sharing moneysaving deals...
    No, this is the Forum Sticky - an information thread. So unless your "deals" have an unlimited lifespan or somehow contribute to the overall smooth running of the board, then they have no place here whatsoever.

The principle of using one thread per deal has been running pretty smoothly and effectively on this board for a long time now.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 22nd Mar 15, 1:17 PM
    • 9,555 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    There's no requirement for deals to be unlimited whatsoever - to quote the OP..
    Now I'd suggest people stick to posting useful info that is..
    Then why not post them on the board then? - Not in the general information sticky?
    • peejbob
    • By peejbob 23rd Mar 15, 7:44 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peejbob
    Ah such a confusing system but my son has just kindly explained me. Posts moved - so the forum police can now go harass someone else..
    Last edited by peejbob; 23-11-2018 at 4:59 PM. Reason: update
    • starfishontoast
    • By starfishontoast 12th Sep 16, 1:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    starfishontoast
    You can get 10% off at Clifton Hotels in Bristol for any dates. You need to use the code MEMBER when you book!
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Sep 16, 8:15 PM
    • 9,555 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    You can get 10% off at Clifton Hotels in Bristol for any dates. You need to use the code MEMBER when you book!
    Originally posted by starfishontoast

Did you read the Op of this thread?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 27th Feb 17, 9:36 AM
    • 9,555 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    We don't do competitions on this board and you posted on the Sticky - which explains everything, so you cannot deny knowledge - This is just Spam!
    • Aileen Mandic
    • By Aileen Mandic 18th Sep 17, 2:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aileen Mandic
    Seems I posted this in a Volcano forum!! Oops!
    Looking for insights and advice please!

We were having a two centre holiday to Florida, 10 days in Orlando, then 7 days to Key West. We booked the Key West accommodation through Interval International as a Getaway', usually non refundable. However, the Keys were devastated by Irma and although we were still in Orlando we couldn't travel down. Roads and bridges closed and the hotel officially closed. Interval will not refund our money, even though the hotel itself is refunding if you booked directly through them. Intervals only concession was to offer us a further booking to be taken within 30 days! We will be home and unable to take this 'offer' They NEVER contacted us at any point to let us know the hotel was closed, so there was insufficient time to do anything other than extend our stay at Orlando! Where do we stand with a refund due to them being unable to give the service or do we have to go through travel insurance as an act of God? And will the travel insurance pay the full amount?? ������
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 9,555 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    So you think you got a bargain...?

Did you actually read the OP in this thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=45891181&postcount=1

You clearly agreed to having read and understood the basics of forum choice and posting as part of your signup, so the matter of posting in the wrong forum should rarely arise.

And you hijacked an info thread - Which is also against the T&Cs you agreed to and will not get you the help you need!
    • rx8wayneo
    • By rx8wayneo 15th Feb 18, 10:55 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 2,535 Thanks
    rx8wayneo
    Hahahaha, it is amusing when you read, how little people read!
    • peejbob
    • By peejbob 23rd Nov 18, 5:07 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peejbob
    I know lol.. One poster's 'opinions' appears 6 times on this thread! Just saying.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

2,026Users online

Martin's Twitter