Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • staceyxx
    • By staceyxx 11th Sep 19, 10:13 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    staceyxx
    Boiler Needs Constant Bleeding Problem Plz Help
    • 11th Sep 19, 10:13 PM
    Boiler Needs Constant Bleeding Problem Plz Help 11th Sep 19 at 10:13 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Would really appreciate your help here, I have a Logic Heat 18 Boiler which is not a combi boiler.

The boiler makes a lot of gurgling/water running through pipes and radiator type of noise. when I turn the boiler on, the radiators do not get hot until I bleed couple of the radiators then it works perfectly fine. I am having to bleed the radiators every time I turn the boiler on. It takes about a min or so to bleed the radiators until a trickle of water starts splashing out.

I really need help to fix this problem, any support would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by staceyxx; 11-09-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typos
Page 1
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 11th Sep 19, 10:44 PM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 11th Sep 19, 10:44 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 10:44 PM
    Can we have a bit more background information such as...

How long have you been bleeding the radiators? ie when did this start?

Has the system been disturbed?

Are you having to bleed every radiator or just the ones at the top of the house for instance?

You might just have a lot of air in the system and it's working its way round but it's hard to tell without knowing the circumstances.
    • staceyxx
    • By staceyxx 12th Sep 19, 12:20 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    staceyxx
    • 12th Sep 19, 12:20 AM
    • 12th Sep 19, 12:20 AM
    Hi bertiewhite,

Thanks for the reply, this problem had just recently started. I have to bleed the system nearly everytime i turn the radiators back on.

The ones upstairs all have air in them and require constant bleeding, the radiators downstairs don't require bleeding,every time I try only water comes out no air, they seem to work fine once the ones upstairs have been bled
    Last edited by staceyxx; 12-09-2019 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 12th Sep 19, 12:52 AM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 12th Sep 19, 12:52 AM
    • 12th Sep 19, 12:52 AM
    So has the system been disturbed at all? What's changed or has it just started randomly?

I'm assuming that the heating system has been dormant for the summer?
    • staceyxx
    • By staceyxx 12th Sep 19, 12:56 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    staceyxx
    • 12th Sep 19, 12:56 AM
    • 12th Sep 19, 12:56 AM
    thats correct it hasnt been turned on for over 2 months,system hasnt been disturbed. moved in 3 months ago
    Last edited by staceyxx; 12-09-2019 at 1:02 AM.
    • btr30
    • By btr30 12th Sep 19, 8:57 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    btr30
    • 12th Sep 19, 8:57 AM
    • 12th Sep 19, 8:57 AM
    Sounds like air in the system that needs to work its way out, Just keep bleeding and you will get there in the end. If system is old and inhibitor (anti rusting additive) levels low, oxidisation will occur in the system which releases air, which will stop water circulating to the radiators until you bleed it out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,878Posts Today

8,770Users online

Martin's Twitter