Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FRANKJOHNSONMUSIC
    • By FRANKJOHNSONMUSIC 11th Sep 19, 1:05 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FRANKJOHNSONMUSIC
    Sim Only Mobile help!!
    • 11th Sep 19, 1:05 PM
    Sim Only Mobile help!! 11th Sep 19 at 1:05 PM
    The circumstances of this so called debt are that "Three" offered me a phone contract at 20 per month. Prior to accepting this they rang & offered me the same deal on better terms.
    I accepted the better terms ie 18pcm.
    They were however collecting (unnoticed by me) the 20pcm as well. This continued till for reasons they have failed to share with me, they stopped collecting from my account [No cancellation of DD by me!!], They then waited for a period and informed me that my account is in arrears. Now not only do they want arrears for their failure to collect the direct debit for the "never was contract" but also punitive penalty costs for non payment.
    They agree that the phone number attached to the account has clearly never been used and that they aware that I have an active 3 number and account which has a completely different number to the one in dispute. I have also explained in detail that I have never had a sim card for the non existent account, never accessed it and yet in dealing with this matter they claim to have rung me to discuss it. Quite clearly they are not ringing my active number but that of the dormant, unused, non existent and in my opinion blatantly missold account!!
    What can I do?.....
Page 1
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 11th Sep 19, 1:26 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 3,983 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 11th Sep 19, 1:26 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 1:26 PM
    Make an official written complaint to Three (sent by Royal Mail). Make it clear that this was a duplicated account that had remained dormant. Also stipulate that you want the duplicated account removed from all your credit files (I am assuming you regularly check your three credit files for accuracy). If your complaint is not upheld, then you can escalate to OFCOM
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 11th Sep 19, 2:43 PM
    • 8,239 Posts
    • 2,850 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 11th Sep 19, 2:43 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 2:43 PM
    Make an official written complaint to Three (sent by Royal Mail). Make it clear that this was a duplicated account that had remained dormant. Also stipulate that you want the duplicated account removed from all your credit files (I am assuming you regularly check your three credit files for accuracy). If your complaint is not upheld, then you can escalate to OFCOM
    Originally posted by Willing2Learn
    Not OFCOM - the Ombudsman.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

2,106Users online

Martin's Twitter