Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • VSB87
    • By VSB87 10th Apr 19, 12:55 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    VSB87
    Glenrothes Good and Bad Areas
    • 10th Apr 19, 12:55 PM
    Glenrothes Good and Bad Areas 10th Apr 19 at 12:55 PM
    I am looking to buy a place in Glenrothes and I have checked your previous topics regarding the areas to stay away from in the town. I understand that Tanshall and Caskieberran are considered 'bad', but what about Cadham?

Any advice would be highly appreciated
Page 1
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 10th Apr 19, 4:58 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 1,198 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    • 10th Apr 19, 4:58 PM
    • 10th Apr 19, 4:58 PM
    I am looking to buy a place in Glenrothes and I have checked your previous topics regarding the areas to stay away from in the town. I understand that Tanshall and Caskieberran are considered 'bad', but what about Cadham?

Any advice would be highly appreciated
    Originally posted by VSB87

Where are you moving from and why only glenrothes?

Here is an opinion from a local. Please be aware that this is fife speak. Sorry https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/glenrothes.html

Anyway bad areas are: Tanshall, Macedonia, Caskieberran and Auchmuty.

Good areas are: Newcastle, South parks, Rimbleton, Woodside. Pitteuchar, and Stenton.

Cadham is a mix.

Depends on budget most are ex council.
    • VSB87
    • By VSB87 10th Apr 19, 5:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VSB87
    • 10th Apr 19, 5:14 PM
    • 10th Apr 19, 5:14 PM
    Thank you,

I am moving from Dundee to Glenrothes. I was looking at Glenrothes specifically because I found a house in Cadham that I was interested in but I am not sure. The areas where I am house searching though are Leven / Glenrothes / Dunfermline / Alloa / Falkirk because I need to be closer to work.
    • missile
    • By missile 16th Apr 19, 9:41 PM
    • 10,227 Posts
    • 5,263 Thanks
    missile
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:41 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:41 PM
    That is a large area, where do you work?
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

247Posts Today

2,020Users online

Martin's Twitter