Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chellegl
    • By Chellegl 12th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chellegl
    Dispute with roof seal company
    • 12th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    Dispute with roof seal company 12th Apr 19 at 3:45 PM
    I signed up to a deal offered on the doorstep on the basis that my next door neighbour was happy with the work done for him. I was offered roof cleaning, roof seal, pipe painting, cleaning of paths, painting around bottom of house and round door and window frames, all for a bargain price. On day one of the 'work', I was at work, but neighbours witnessed workers on roof, cleaning it with a 'jetwash'. I got a phone call asking if the job was complete within a day or two of this, and had to complain that a number of roof tiles had been knocked out. They came back and sorted those tiles within a day, and then I heard nothing else from them. In the following month, both my husband and I tried to get a hold of the company to ask about the rest of the work, and we could not get any answers or responses to messages. I have received a couple of texts and phone calls offering appts to complete the work, and I have been stood up every time. This has been going on for 7 months now. I have just received a text this morning telling me that they have completed the work, and they now want to come and do 'the extras'. Surely I can refuse this work now, and refuse to pay?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,962Users online

Martin's Twitter