IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia parking charge notice

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    As you haven't found it yet here are the odds of court http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Britannia_Parking_Group.html

As you can see it's highly unlikely at present. I would stop worrying about it and consider just ignoring their demands.

Have you tried complaining to the aquarium? Sometimes the car park owners can be very helpful and cancel the ticket for you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Schmoo17 wrote: »
    Hi yes I did send an SAR to Britannia parking directly. I will try to upload my letter and their reply.

OK, but I just told you what to ask for, that they have so far withheld.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi thank you I will send another SAR and see what happens. Thank you for your help much appreciated.
  • Schmoo17
    Schmoo17 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2019 at 8:12PM
    Hi I have received a county court business centre claim form. Issue date beginning of January 2019. I have read the threads and just want to check I am doing things correctly. My response pack contains an admission form N9A, defence and counterclaim form N9B and an acknowledgement of service letter. So if I have read the thread correctly. I just complete the acknowledgement of service form and send this back. This then gives me an extra two weeks to compile a letter detailing my defence. Is this correct ? Thank you in advance.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Schmoo17 wrote: »
    Issue date 9th January 2019.

So if I have read the thread correctly. I just complete the acknowledgement of service form and send this back.
    No, do not do the AoS that way.

With a Claim Issue Date of 9th January, you have until Monday 28th January to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having done the AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 11th February 2019 to file your Defence.

That's almost four weeks away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    @ the OP , nearly, you do the Aos ONLINE by logging in and using the MCOL reference, following the walkthrough in the NEWBIES thread , post #2

then you start drafting your defence

post your full POC and charges breakdown below, but no personal info at all
  • Schmoo17
    First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2019 at 8:14PM
    Hi thank you so much for your support. I feel much calmer. I will try and do the on line aos tomorrow as have to book up a very old Mac. I have been using my phone but there are no #2 links showing so I expect that’s the problem.
    My particulars of claim without dates and location (thought they might be classed as personal) are as follows :
    PCN £85
    Statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at 8% per annum, daily rate 0.02 amounting to about £10
    Contractual costs pursuant to PCN terms and conditions of £60
    This comes to £160
    They have then also added
    Court fee about £30
    Legal representatives costs £50
    So grand total of about £240
  • Schmoo17
    First Anniversary
    Also I have a letter from bw legal that arrived on the same day. A notice of county court claim issued. Presumably I can ignore this one and concentrate on the aos and my defence letter ? Thanks. ��
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So the POC gives no clue as to what the transgression might have been?
  • Schmoo17
    First Anniversary
    It says the claimants claim is for the sum of £85 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant in respect of a parking charge notice. Also the terms of the PCN allowed the Defendant 28 days from the issue date to pay the PCN. But the defendant failed to do so despite demand having been made. The defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure