IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcn to registered keeper

Received pcn as registered keeper. I am not the driver. Put in appeal using template letter which has been rejected. reason for rejection is different to reason shown on PCN. Does this breach POFA 4. If so what do i do now, I have been issued with a POPLA CODE.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:43PM
    Please use all the template appeal points available to you from post 3 of the NEWBIES to construct a PoPLA appeal.
    You will need to very carefully compare the PCN/NTK against the strict wording of the POFA 2012 to see where it fails. This will be just one of many appeal pints.

Please post your draft appeal here for checking before you submit it.

Please also help us by contacting WHICH magazine using the link from this thread about this unregulated scam.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765579
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Pdmum
    Pdmum Posts: 127 Forumite
    Have also realised that ANPR images only really show one clear image of headlights. the seperate boxes below of 'actual numberplate' show 2 front plates.Wouldnt one of them have to show a rear plate?
    Is it worth pointing out this and the different reason to parking company as they do state to contact them with any further relevant informaytion
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    any discrepancies like that go into the popla appeal , once a popla code has been issued the parking company have no interest in anything you write to them about

use their evidence against them , plus legal arguments as seen in post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread too
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It's possible there are two cameras both pointing at the front of cars that enter and leave. You would need to visit the car park to confirm this.

If however one camera points at the front and one at the back, or one camera captures cars both entering and leaving, then you use that as part if the ANPR inaccuracy appeal point since to get two front reg plates, the vehicle must have either entered twice or left twice.

What is the name of the PPC please.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Pdmum
    Premier Park
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    What did the PCN state the driver of the vehicle had done wrong?
    Interested also to know what the initial Appeal Rejection stated?

(Might be able to help more as have had dealings with Premier Park before and had a successful POPLA Appeal with them)
  • Pdmum
    PCN states Failure to pay for the duration of stay.
    Appeal rejection says The vehicle overstayed the paid parking period
  • claxtome
    The 2 reasons are effectively the same thing in my opinion.

If the overstay is less than about 20 mins these can be explained in terms of 2 grace periods.
    1st Grace period - Time to find a parking space and pay.
    2nd Grace period - Time to leave the car park once finished.
    Read up on this in the BPA Code of Practice (CoP) guidelines that the PPC must adhere to.

Further questions:
    1) What is the time difference between entering and leaving according to Camera images?
    2) How long did you pay for parking if at all?
    3) Was there any free parking period?

BTW if interested you can look at my thread on Premier Park which was for parking for less than 6.5 mins in the car park and they didn't contest at POPLA appeal.
  • Pdmum
    doesnt wording have to be same for POFA.? Am going to put in about Grace periods.
    Will have a look at your thread Thank You
  • claxtome
    edited 8 January 2018 at 4:41PM
    doesnt wording have to be same for POFA.?
    I think you are asking should the reason for appeal failure be the same as specified in the Notice to Keeper(NTK) according to POFA 2012 Schedule 4?
    I have never seen anything about this mentioned in POFA.
    That doesn't mean you are wrong I am just saying I have never seen it.
    Usually POFA 2012 talks about the wording of the PCN attached to the windscreen (if there indeed was one) and the following NTK sent through the post. ;)

If you say you have seen it can you either mention which paragraph number or quote it please. :)

Will try and look myself tonight and refresh my understanding...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure