Tesco Bank

Nationwide8
Nationwide8 Posts: 362 Forumite
Hung up my suit!
edited 7 November 2016 at 11:37AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
44 mins and counting for Tesco Bank to answer the phone after I rec an e-mail from their Fraud dept asking to contact them Urgently..

Great customer service..

46 mins now..

FORUM TEAM EDIT: [OFFICIAL MSE NEWS POST: 'Tesco Bank halts online transactions after money taken from 20,000 current accounts']

Comments

• I've also had an email asking me to contact them urgently... no joy getting through on the phone though!

If anyone does get through, and is able to post an update in case it's a widespread issue, I'd be extremely grateful.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Are you phoning a number that is open after 5pm on a Saturday

http://www.tescobank.com/security/contact-us/
  • Yes, currently ringing on their 24 hour line.

:(
  • OK I managed to get through after nearly a hour but it was a guy from Credit cards who is helping about Current accounts as call volumes so high....widespread issue but they are still figuring out EXACTLY what the problem is,tons of people have had e-mails to contact them.

Someone is supposed to be ringing me back tomorrow or Monday when they have figured out exactly what's going on..

Hmmm.. ...
  • Thanks for the update, I'll leave it for now then and enjoy the rest of my evening.

If you do get a call back, please can you let us all know the upshot (sounds like somebody's pressed a wrong button possibly!)

Thanks
    Em
    x
  • I've not had an email - they clearly aren't concerned with the fortune that I have on deposit with them! :D
  • sparkyspark
    sparkyspark Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 November 2016 at 10:21PM
    Had same email asking to contact fraud section, same response as other posters a call back in the next 24hrs. It seems they have been inundated with people having the same e-mails.

Having checked the situation with customer services all they could reveal was my account had an online transaction for a small amount at 17.15, then another transaction for a large amount at 17.16 both of which were let thru and sanctioned, then two more online transactions for large amounts again at 17.17 and 17.23 which were both declined, all 4 transactions were done in Brazil, Rio De Janeiro.

Suffice to say complaint already registered.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    OK I managed to get through after nearly a hour but it was a guy from Credit cards who is helping about Current accounts as call volumes so high....widespread issue but they are still figuring out EXACTLY what the problem is,tons of people have had e-mails to contact them.

Someone is supposed to be ringing me back tomorrow or Monday when they have figured out exactly what's going on..

Hmmm.. ...

Feeling left out !
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    sounds ominous! the only fraud dept I have ever had t contact was Barclays, it was more like 90 mins each time, and they were useless. Complaining on twitter feed got better results.
  • Klopek
    Klopek Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    OK I managed to get through after nearly a hour but it was a guy from Credit cards who is helping about Current accounts as call volumes so high....widespread issue but they are still figuring out EXACTLY what the problem is,tons of people have had e-mails to contact them.

Hmmm.. ...

Identical situation - although they never explained that it seemed to be a widespread issue. Slightly relieved now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure