Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• MrsNubs
    MrsNubs Posts: 99 Forumite
    Wow, I go a few days without checking the thread and suddenly everyone's PG. Massive massive congratulations to Cherry and Rachy, I know you've both had such a tough journey and it's so wonderful to hear things are working out for you both!! Definitely gives me hope!

Also, welcome to the newbies. Hope your stays are short!

One of my friends rang me the other day to tell me she's 17 weeks. She's one of only 2 that know we're actively trying, so she was really worried about telling me, which is sweet of her. Obviously I'm over the moon for her, but as always it's bittersweet. She got pregnant her 3rd month of trying, whilst we're heading into month 9. It's been hard not to get down about the length of time, I never imagined it would take so long.

OH is away this weekend on a stag do so I'm going to have a really lazy one. Then we're away next week for our 3rd Wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, OV probably won't be until the week after, which is a shame, as the time off would have been a good opportunity to get lots of BD'ing done.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend
  • Rachylou1981
    Rachylou1981 Posts: 714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    kirtsypoos wrote: »

I was looking through NHS documents yesterday and was gutted to see that my local CCG guidelines state that any fertility treatment will only be given if both of a couple have a BMI of less than 30... mine is 32 at the moment. I am quite annoyed that the Doctor didn't mention it as she knew my BMI. My infertility appointment is on 8th August so I'm hoping to lose a bit by then but it won't be the 1.5 stone that I need to get to the BMI I need, so I think they will tell me to come back in X months :(

I missed this part of your post Kirsty.

My fertility unit said BMI less than 30 is the national limit but they will do it if less than 34 so maybe check with the unit rather than the guidelines just in case they are the national ones.

Good luck with it all, Slimming World was great for me and I lost 1.5 stone in 6 months but this included Christmas where I fell off the wagon and put on half a stone and had to re-lose that. I've kept the weight off now too
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Thanks Rachy - I'll definitely ask the question during my appointment. Well done for losing the weight, and especially keeping it off, much easier said than done!

I'm going to give a low GI diet a go for a few weeks as a friend of mine said it was recommended to her when she was first diagnosed with PCOS and she lost 3 stone so it's worth a try, If it doesn't work for me, I will be giving Slimming World a go too as I have only heard good things!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • spooney7
    spooney7 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CD1 for me.

Feeling really crappy, but at the same time excited because if this cycle lasts the projected length, then I'll be starting Clomid almost straightaway!

Great news for someone as impatient as I am! :j
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Congratulations Cherry and Rachy!

I also got a BFP last week. We are cautiously happy but also apprehensive, i don't think i could go through another mc again, fingers crossed this one sticks. I've already booked an early scan!

I will still be following this thread, i hope everyone's stays are short xxx
  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Congrats sulphate x
  • kirtsypoos
    Huge congrats Sulphate! BFPs seem to be like buses this week - amazing news for you all :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD22 kirtsypoos - 7 dpo
    CD?? KateySW - 7 dpo
    CD62 thrift360 - ?? dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD6 athensgeorgia
    CD6 Toots14
    CD8 Chelle22 - awaiting ov
    CD8 Zeni - awaiting ov
    CD75 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD1 spooney7
    CD5 LKRDN_Morgan

:EasterBun

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T

Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
  • kirtsypoos
    Sorry AF got you Spooney but how exciting that you might be able to start clomid on your next cycle!
  • spooney7
    spooney7 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 July 2017 at 5:25PM
    Congrats Sulphate, and to all the ladies with BFPs!

Yep, I'm definitely excited, Kirtsypoos. Not sure how much left to lose to get my prescription- not sure I trust the scale until AF has left the building. It's definitely less than half a stone, which should be totally doable by Aug 17th.

Admittedly I am struggling right now, probably due to AF cravings. It doesn't help when OH points out that I'm being naughty, like I need to be reminded. Whereas he couldn't stick the Keto plan out for more than two weeks when he tried it with me, not that I pointed that out.

I'm nearly at the goal, I've got a month to go, and if I want to have an off track day when I'm feeling rotten due to AF, then I'm damn well going to do it. And he can shut his face while I'm stuffing mine! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback