IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Comments

• oosaboos
    oosaboos Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Hi
    I just wanted to say we got a UKPC ticket for parking in a disabled bay (completely legally) and followed all advice on this forum. AND IT WORKED!! They took us right to the threat of court action. I replied with a letter template forum and never heard from them again. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

:T
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    MSE Update

Hi everyone,

As you’ll be aware this board was set up for users to find factual information about parking tickets fines, whether they are enforceable or not, and the appeals and actions process.

What it was not set up to do was to pursue any one individual or company to the extent that some users on here have, again, despite our previous requests not to.

You might think it's your "right" and that we should back you fully, but we are governed by the law of the land and our Rules and T&Cs make it pretty clear that posting names and personal details, and making personal comments about others is simply not allowed.

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as we’ve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics). However, some firms do also act fairly.

The problem we face is when people make allegations without evidence against a specific company, calling them “scammers” or “criminals”. Without evidence, this becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site. We prefer to keep our resources focused on fighting hard for you to fight unfair tickets and keeping that debate unabashed than having to deal with a legal sideshow about ‘is the name-calling fair?’ – so please help us help you by moderating the language not to accuse of illegality.

We are a small team managing over 150 Forum boards, all requiring resource. So we cannot investigate every complaint to gather the required evidence, sadly. We’d love to do just that to fight your corner even further but it is not always possible.

We can support your factual comments, we can’t support personal remarks about others

We can only support factual comment that operates within our Rules and T&Cs. Personal, antagonistic arguments against individuals break these and we cannot defend it. If you keep things non-personal, on topic, factual, can prove everything you say and work within these rules and T&Cs, we will always do our best to defend your comment, as we do everywhere. If not we shall have to speak with you and if it continues, may have to remove a poster’s posting privileges.

We hope this comes across in the manner it is intended. Please help us to help you, by working with us to defend your comments.

Thank you

MSE Forum Team
  • Hi

Just a quick one if anyone would be so kind to help

Received a NTK for a ticket issued on 22/12

It's from PCN Admin Centre - Manor House, Lavender Park Road, West Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 6NA - ipaymypcn.net

However the firm who issued the ticket is Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd

Who do I send the appeals letters to?

Did a search and someone sent it to PCN Admin Centre, however the advice is to send it to the PPC which would be Elite. :undecided
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Please read the Newbies Sticky and start your own thread.

Don't hijack an entirely unrelated one.
  • It is awful to return home and find somebody in your parking space that you own and what can you do about it? The only way is to put parking enforcement rules in place. People should not park in other peoples spaces as it has a knock on effect whereby I had to park in somebody else's space and they parked in someone else's space causing total chaos. They deserve tickets for causing this problem.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Such parking enforcement rules could be ...

Put a barrier in place with an access mechanism available only to approved persons;

Put a chain across the entrance with a padlock for removal, where only approved persons have keys to remove the padlock;

Etc.

Enforcement rules do NOT have to mean engaging a private parking company whose only motive is profit. Once the rogue parkers have gone, who do you think they will target?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hereford22 wrote: »
    It is awful to return home and find somebody in your parking space that you own and what can you do about it? The only way is to put parking enforcement rules in place. People should not park in other peoples spaces as it has a knock on effect whereby I had to park in somebody else's space and they parked in someone else's space causing total chaos. They deserve tickets for causing this problem.

So what has this got to do with the private parking industry?

Evidence of them doing anything much to manage parking is decidedly thin on the ground?
  • I researched and was told across the net do not take any notice of Parking Eye
    I got scared when they sent me a court notice
    I accepted the penalty and filled out the court form to offer a staged payments
    They rejected it and demanded full payment court upheld it
    I ended up with a CCJ on my credit history
    I have since paid Parking eye and they have not replied to the court to confirm I have paid so I can't get the certificate of satisfaction
    there is no number to call anywhere other than a payment line
    their on line payment system does not list the claim number so I am now going to fail the tenancy referencing to rent an apartment as there is no way of proving I have paid this.
    Completely been done by them
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the place to find a ' start a new thread is here ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

top left 'new thread' blue button

Ralph:cool:
  • babski
    babski Posts: 6 Forumite
    I hope someone can give me some advice. I have a parking charge from a motorway service station car park where I left my car and went with my friend in their car to visit another friend. It was only when I returned 6 hours later that we both noticed the sign of 2 hours free parking. I have two days left to send the lower rate fine of £60 and then it goes up to £100, so I really am unsure whether I should ignore the charge altogether, pay up the £60 or appeal to the parking company and hope to get away with it on the grounds of it being a disproportionate amount of charge, and that the sign was not at eye level on entry to the car park. I have heard from several people that they just ignored their similar charge but I think that was over a year ago and I am getting the idea that things might have changed since then with the parking companies becoming more agressive about taking people to court. What do you think I should do?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    babski wrote: »
    I hope someone can give me some advice. I have a parking charge from a motorway service station car park where I left my car and went with my friend in their car to visit another friend. It was only when I returned 6 hours later that we both noticed the sign of 2 hours free parking. I have two days left to send the lower rate fine of £60 and then it goes up to £100, so I really am unsure whether I should ignore the charge altogether, pay up the £60 or appeal to the parking company and hope to get away with it on the grounds of it being a disproportionate amount of charge, and that the sign was not at eye level on entry to the car park. I have heard from several people that they just ignored their similar charge but I think that was over a year ago and I am getting the idea that things might have changed since then with the parking companies becoming more agressive about taking people to court. What do you think I should do?

What you should do is look at the post immediately above yours and start a new thread.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure