Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 May 2015 at 9:44AM
    Options

I've just read that piece!! Came here to post it!

Martyn won't be happy that they are promoting the EST's calculator and the electric savings are a little on the high side!!! :rotfl:
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just posted that article on the news thread before I saw it here.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did my calculation on overnight electricity usage (base load). It does unfortunately add up to about the 320 watt that the Wattson measures:

http://www.sterlingtimes.co.uk/150523_appliances.pdf

Apart from refrigeration it comes mainly down to the price of convenience. I will now have to look at whether I can attach any of the culprit appliances.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I did my calculation on overnight electricity usage (base load). It does unfortunately add up to about the 320 watt that the Wattson measures:

http://www.sterlingtimes.co.uk/150523_appliances.pdf

Apart from refrigeration it comes mainly down to the price of convenience. I will now have to look at whether I can attach any of the culprit appliances.

I had a chest freezer in the garage pre SP. It was "F" Rated.

There was not much in it and when I realised what it was costing me to run:eek: I cut the plug off, and managed to fit the few items in my indoor one:D

I still use it.....to store bits in. Much like the old pantries:)
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »

I still use it.....to store bits in. Much like the old pantries:)

Must book opticians whilst I'm off, read that as panties!!!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday. Oops! Only a few O's yesterday though, nothing to write home about and may even have earned me a spoon?!
  • rosythfifer
    rosythfifer Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not posted for a wee while, however 15.1 Kw today so 6.33 Os. Last few days have mostly seen Hawaiis with 1 day that was really bad. I didnt hold much hope for meeting Pv figures at the start of the month, but suprisingly, even with the duller month my system is doing well. I now need 7Kw a day for the rest of the month to meet the target.
    2.43 from 9 x 270 Trina panels. Samil solar river 2600 inverter. Due South. 30 pitch. East coast of Scotland just North of Forth bridge.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hawaii + 0.12 (20.38kWh) only getting 125W at the moment so not much more to come.

Passed 400 kWh for the month today. Need 2.6 O's per day to make estimate. At 83.2% of estimate.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• oldskoo1
    oldskoo1 Posts: 616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A weak showing today, just 3 O's.

We didn't even have defined cloud just a thick white sky. No let up in cloud cover until typically 7:30pm! The first time I actually saw blue sky and sun.

I am happy that I managed 20% higher than a local array and 10% more than one 10 miles away.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback