Do NOT use CollectPlus

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    That made me smile, I can just see them battering the parcel until it fitted the guidelines , frankly I wouldn't put anything past Collect plus :rotfl:

we- will - make- it -fit (hammer hammer hammer)

reminds me of a postie who was referred to as Roy Castle
    due to the time he broke a record to make it fit through a letterbox :eek:
    he always insisted it was broken when he got it......
  • onestringsteve
    Options
    techspec wrote: »
    Ive always been reluctant to try myhermes, i don't know why - but 20 parcels in and alls going well. I use them when items are too large for collect plus. Saves me waiting in for couriers that might not show.

Which brings me to onestringsteve - collect plus don't carry parcels above 500mm in length. So how did you post a guitar?
    Maybe they snapped the neck to bring it within their length guidlines :D

yes good one! I agree I didn't realise neither was told when I entered the details in their minimal web page that they only carry small parcels...I have used them before once for a record and once for a book...so it pays to check the small print! I still think they should compensate me if only for goodwill reasons...as I would have used them a lot more as I send hundreds of parcels in a year...
    PS I do like the fact I'm entertaining so many people with my woeful experience...don't forget I had to refund the buyer £90 also had to pay ebay and Paypal charges and I now have a broken guitar!!! not really that funny!!! I can tell you...Steve
    Actually I have since repaired the guitar I glued it and screwed it ...doesn't look pretty but plays and sounds perfectly...so I might still be able to sell it...or as probably will happen keep it...:mad:
  • custardy
    Options
    yes good one! I agree I didn't realise neither was told when I entered the details in their minimal web page that they only carry small parcels...I have used them before once for a record and once for a book...so it pays to check the small print! I still think they should compensate me if only for goodwill reasons...as I would have used them a lot more as I send hundreds of parcels in a year...
    PS I do like the fact I'm entertaining so many people with my woeful experience...don't forget I had to refund the buyer £90 also had to pay ebay and Paypal charges and I now have a broken guitar!!! not really that funny!!! I can tell you...Steve
    Actually I have since repaired the guitar I glued it and screwed it ...doesn't look pretty but plays and sounds perfectly...so I might still be able to sell it...or as probably will happen keep it...:mad:

its a cheap service,thats why you chose it
    when you buy cheap,you need to ensure it meets your needs
    we have already covered the T&Cs are on all the pages and explicitly state musical instruments aren't covered

when you select your parcel type on the "minimal" site
    you will see 'more info' beside this
    click it and its defines what they carry

I know you are aggrieved,however you must accept you chose the wrong service for your needs
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So far, for me, Collect+ has been great. Local store very friendly, price good and all deliveries have been on time.
  • alx2013
    alx2013 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    WLM21 wrote: »
    So far, for me, Collect+ has been great. Local store very friendly, price good and all deliveries have been on time.

My local store is a stone's throw away so really handy. I have had no problem with deliveries, have yet to send something with them though!
  • aeb_2
    aeb_2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    It may have changed but when I use Collect+ via P2G there are small size limits. I mentioned this to the drop off shop and he was surprised, in fact he showed me two long packages waiting for collection. I then checked on the Collect+ site itself, rather than via P2G and the dimensions were much greater.

Also, before Christmas there seemed to be a 30cm limit on the P2G site but not now so maybe it changes due to volume.

Another vote here for Collect+ service - 3 x next day deliveries in the last 2 week for me, including one to West Scotland

aims for 2014 - grow more fruit and veg, declutter
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    aeb wrote: »
    It may have changed but when I use Collect+ via P2G there are small size limits. I mentioned this to the drop off shop and he was surprised, in fact he showed me two long packages waiting for collection. I then checked on the Collect+ site itself, rather than via P2G and the dimensions were much greater.

Also, before Christmas there seemed to be a 30cm limit on the P2G site but not now so maybe it changes due to volume.

Another vote here for Collect+ service - 3 x next day deliveries in the last 2 week for me, including one to West Scotland

The limits only apply to private senders - Amazon and Very etc have their own rules. You may have seen catalogue returns.

Thats said - i have sent a few slightly over-sized parcels in - as many of the shops are not aware or don't check the parcels.

One of my next day deliveries was Scotland too - was gobsmacked when i got feedback next day.
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options

The mimimal site seems quite clear to me.
    http://www.collectplus.co.uk/faqs/

First thing i check when using any service is size and weight limits and level of compensation. Then, if in doubt - the excluded items list.
  • onestringsteve
    Options
    thought you all might like to see the reply I received in answer to my email to Collect+ in an effort to obtain a refund...for my past experience...with the said co.
    Thank you for getting back in touch.
    The onus is on the sender of the parcel to ensure that the contents are in line with the terms and conditions they agree to prior to sending the parcel.
    The picture is misleading on our website and I sincerely apologise for that, I have also raised this issue to have the example removed however the website does also point out the fact that there are certain items that we do not cover and offers a link to take you to our terms and conditions.
    Unfortunately musical instruments are excluded in our terms and conditions and as a result we would not be able to proceed with your claim for damage.
    Kind regards,
    Michael
    Collect Plus
    seems this is where it ends...but they have lost me as a customer!
  • custardy
    Options
    thought you all might like to see the reply I received in answer to my email to Collect+ in an effort to obtain a refund...for my past experience...with the said co.
    Thank you for getting back in touch.
    The onus is on the sender of the parcel to ensure that the contents are in line with the terms and conditions they agree to prior to sending the parcel.
    The picture is misleading on our website and I sincerely apologise for that, I have also raised this issue to have the example removed however the website does also point out the fact that there are certain items that we do not cover and offers a link to take you to our terms and conditions.
    Unfortunately musical instruments are excluded in our terms and conditions and as a result we would not be able to proceed with your claim for damage.
    Kind regards,
    Michael
    Collect Plus
    seems this is where it ends...but they have lost me as a customer!

I dont think there are any couriers who would pay out on an item they explicitly dont cover
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure