Travelling On

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,290 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Green with envy:o. Two weeks or more in London with cats. Absolutely wonderful:j

Would you like a companion?:rotfl:

Why dident I think of that!:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sayschezza
    Options
    One of the best holidays we have had was the 16 days we spent cat sitting at a relatives flat in East London.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awww! Yep, its a good'un, and no mistake.

The Sun, otoh, is causing problems, as ever :rotfl:
    I don't have a cheque book yet, so I *have* to apply for the caravan holiday online, and they're determined to charge me for four people, though there's only two of us. But my sister paid it the same way she did it last year for us, by post, and has sent a cheque for two people. Maybe they changed the rules since last year? I think I'll hop over to the board on here and have a look. Luckily, I'm due to go see her tomorrow anyway, so I'll take my gubbins, and she can send a cheque and I'll pay her.

I've been getting rid of shoots of weeds and decaying grass at the bottom of the garden :o extremely unpleasant, but at least it comes up quickly :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope you get the holiday sorted out.
    Gubbins was another of my dad's words :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks beanie. Sorry if the use of "gubbins" brings up sadness for you - it's good to remember with fondness too :kisses3: though when you're in pain, that's a lot easier said than done :( hope you feel better soon.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Thanks beanie. Sorry if the use of "gubbins" brings up sadness for you - it's good to remember with fondness too :kisses3: though when you're in pain, that's a lot easier said than done :( hope you feel better soon.

It's fine.
    He seems to 'be' everywhere at the moment:rotfl:

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Teapot One nice thing is that they've got a museum of rural life, just a couple of stalls before you get to the cafe, lots of Victorian farm equipment is on display, and some "wind up" teaching aids from the 1950s, which are really fascinating :)

'Wind up' teaching aids sound interesting, I was wondering what they would be teaching?

Hope you can get the holiday details sorted out, why do 'they' make everything so complicated :mad:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    'Wind up' teaching aids sound interesting, I was wondering what they would be teaching?
    The mechanism of a wheat grinding machine, that sort of thing :) shiny now, but fragile.

Hope you can get the holiday details sorted out, why do 'they' make everything so complicated :mad:
    If I let myself think about it, I'd go crazy. The difference in prices seems to be real, though I don't really understand what the thread on here is saying either. We'll do it together tomorrow, and if the payment is accepted, thats fine, if not, we'll think of something else!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning all! I'm giving my council walk a miss this morning - the frost out there is startling. Clear skies to see the blood moon (not very bloody :rotfl:) meant no clouds to keep the frost away. I hope all my plants have survived, there's a lot of spring growth on some things, like the rhubarb.

Dishwasher's on, SB is pootling away, but there's not much detail to be done today:
    - collect up the Sun paperwork.
    - pop off to my sister's and wail at her about the Sun :D

I have more time available than that :D so lots of bits are available to me - potting on the spider plants and the aloe vera, sweeping the floor so as not to disgrace myself when the kitchen fitter comes round tomorrow, tidying, that sort of thing. So cold outside!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you kept snug and warm today. And managed to sort out the sun with your sister, somehow!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback