Redundancy Insurance 2019

Hi There

I am 35 and the company I work for is for sale.
I have no idea what will happen and we have been told not to worry as we are looking for a buyer but it's likely to take time for this to happen.
I want to prepare for the worst and hope for the best so am looking into Redundancy Insurance.
I have worked in the company for 5 years and need about £1800 pm to cover my monthly mortgage and cover my bills (I live in London so cost of living is ridiculous:().

Can anyone advise on Redundancy Insurance?
Is it worth it?
What do I need to look out for to ensure I'm 100% covered? as I don't want any small discrepancy to effect the cover such as you dyed your hair and didn't tell us therefore you aren't covered type of situation...
Who is the best provider?
Average monthly payment I should pay (I've looked and am getting deals from £43 - £78pm)
Basically I'm an complete novice and need help/advice on this so I can sleep easy....

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    joni_jo wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on Redundancy Insurance?
    Is it worth it?
    What do I need to look out for to ensure I'm 100% covered

You need to have taken it out before you think you will need it.

So too late now.
  • happyc84
    happyc84 Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    hopefully your pay off will cover you until you get a new job. Then if you wait 6 months you can get insurance,
  • Thanks for responding.

The company announced they were for sale about 4 months ago but we have just been told it’s business as usual and we’ve also been told it could be a while before there is a buyer due to Brexit etc. So it could be a while off and there is a good chance we will continue to operate the same even when we are sold and I won’t be made redundant, I just want to protect on the off chance.

Is it unlikely I can get insurance as I work for a company that is for sale?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure