£8,000 from YouTube

2»

Comments

• mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Joe Sugg, currently on Strictly Come Dancing, seems to have done very well out of YouTube. I might give it a go. Something for silver surfers perhaps. How to stand upright without falling over. I've already got a video called getting up off the floor but it was just a fun thing. People seemed to like it but it never went viral. Perhaps I'd better put an ad on it.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    I've made 74 videos uploaded to youtube. Nothing polished, no editing, just me talking. They are about money saving, walking, arts and crafts, and my lifestyle choices. People seem to like them. They are a spin off to my blog, I don't have adverts on either, I do it for fun.

Easy enough to make with a point and shoot camera, no special equipment needed. If you are lucky to drop on the right subject matter there is money to be made.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    HeyG wrote: »
    Google AdSense - do you have to set that up manually? As in did you get a notification and then you set it up?

Yes you do. It used to be a little simpler to set up, and lucky the OP did that before he completely forgot about his channel!

Currently I think you have to have over 1000 subscribers to your channel and so many hours of watched videos in the past few months to set this all up so its less easy for people starting out.
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PDC wrote: »
    Yes you do. It used to be a little simpler to set up, and lucky the OP did that before he completely forgot about his channel!

Currently I think you have to have over 1000 subscribers to your channel and so many hours of watched videos in the past few months to set this all up so its less easy for people starting out.

Yes, it's not so easy to monetise now. Getting 1000 subscribers is going to take time. I've got 49, only another 951 to go and then they need to watch the 4000 hours of my videos! My goodness, how do I persuade people to do that? I have a Facebook account and a website so I shall post a few more videos for people to watch and hopefully a few more will subscribe to my channel.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport