PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

23 odd socks!

Options

Comments

• rubix_76
    rubix_76 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    rogertb wrote:
    Hi ... I'm more concerned about where the 'missing' socks have dissapeared to, I've looked everywhere, an odd one appears from under a chair or shrub another from behind the radiator... I've thrown away hundreds over the years

Simple, all washing machines have a Quantum singularity (aka Black Hole) located inside. So occasionaly a sock falls into it dissapearing. These are only big enough to "suck" socks into, but then they appear in other places around the house, these black holes must move, hence the socks appearing in other random places around your house.

Cats also have this ability to stealthily appear and dissapear as they wish.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If human beings had 3 feet, would you always have an even number of socks in the drawer ?
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wreak revenge on junk mailers. Post them back in all those pre-franked Business Rely envelopes they enclose with their unwanted Double Glazing, Credit Cards, Readers Digest magazine offers !
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    And for our politicians who continually open their mouths with worthless politically correct spin, send them one of your odd ones (preferably with a hole in it) and tell them to "put a sock in it".
  • nomoneytoday
    Options
    I solved the problem by buying socks in only one colour. There is now never more than one odd sock :)
  • square_bear
    square_bear Posts: 3,865 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Missing socks? Why not look behind the radiators. The little pests like to hide from me there, its usually the left footed ones.
  • CuddlesTC
    CuddlesTC Posts: 148 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm horribly allergic to cats, but often find myself cat-sitting for a friend, so I use my odd socks as hand protectors so I can stroke Bryan the cat without my hands breaking out in unbearable itching. Then I throw the fur-covered sock away afterwards (carefully peeling it off from the inside of course).
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Occasionally socks are born with mystical powers. Unfortunately this only affects 1 of every pair. They have the twin powers of movement and invisibility. Unfortunately they have to eat regularly to maintain these powers. Their staple diet is toilet paper - they jump up and swing on the roll till it unravels then eat it. As they are not very strong they can only do this when the roll is light - i.e. almost finished. This is why you find empty toilet rolls - it is NOT because someone forgot to change the roll. Please apologise to all your family members. PS - on special occasions they have been known to eat crisps and chocolate. They also like to drink pop - but only the proper stuff, not the cheap own label stuff. They do have standards you know. Again, please apologise to all your family members.Well, that's what they do in my house?????
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • bluefish
    bluefish Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    You can wear odd socks:
    - to do jobs around the house
    - to protect your floors from (step) ladder marks or on the top of outdoor ladders tp protect your house paintwork
  • bluefish
    bluefish Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Use odd socks to pick up messy animal hairs from furtniture/carpets and cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure