Rights for return?

2»

Comments

• I am not saying it is a scam - the item has been returned and I have been refunded for the item - However I have had to pay £3.95 for return postage when I feel it should have been free because of the defective item. If it had been my choice to return I would have felt obliged to pay return postage but it is a tad annoying when I have to be out of pocket for an item that doesn't work.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I am not saying it is a scam - the item has been returned and I have been refunded for the item - However I have had to pay £3.95 for return postage when I feel it should have been free because of the defective item. If it had been my choice to return I would have felt obliged to pay return postage but it is a tad annoying when I have to be out of pocket for an item that doesn't work.
    You shouldn't. Ask Ebay for it back.

I had a similar problem with a non Ebay transaction. Seller wanted me to pay for return on a woefully not as described item. After lots of back and forth Paypal gave an ex gratia payment to cover the return, no idea if they got it back from the seller or not. There's no reason Ebay wouldn't do the same.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    RFW wrote: »
    You shouldn't. Ask Ebay for it back.

I had a similar problem with a non Ebay transaction. Seller wanted me to pay for return on a woefully not as described item. After lots of back and forth Paypal gave an ex gratia payment to cover the return, no idea if they got it back from the seller or not. There's no reason Ebay wouldn't do the same.

I suggested phoning eBay in post 10 as a label should have been issued automatically so it is worth pressing for a goodwill payment even if the wrong sort of claim was opened.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure