PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    monnagran - it's so annoying when it just won't shift, I hope you lose something soon.

I ran last night and for the first time ever (even going back 20 years) I ran the whole of my route without walking. I have been running for many years in total but I come and go with it but this time I have really broken the back of it.

I have cycled this morning and it was bracing, my poor thumbs were very painful, it was icy too so I had to take it easy on the downhills. Will run this evening I think but probably just 5k.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Dear All,
    I'm doing penance for not dropping in to visit. The story so far: I had to reduce my thyroid medications after the most recent blood test and wasn't entirely sure how that would go and if it would affect levels of my other meds. I'm feeling a lot calmer but still an insomniac (either can't go to sleep or waking at 5am...) Also, I'm happier in myself if that makes sense.

Anyway. Lost 7lbs since I last checked in; I will say that yes, the d&v bug I got from work _pale_ probably helped but I haven't gained weight since regaining my appetite.

So, my best wishes to you all on the run up to the end of the year. (I'll be back...)
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    morning all

WI today and its another +1lb so I am now back to where I was at the start of this challenge.

B: honey nut shredded wheat, berries, skim
    L: caramelised onion humous, salad
    D: LO gammon

Running behind so no dog walk as yet but I have to walk to school later for parents eve.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    welcome back jules best of luck with it

im struggling with the cold keep wanting to eat things...must get a grip hope everyone is well xx
    onwards and upwards
  • minus 1 lb for me please knit witch

been thinking about the next challenge not sure if i will have a target or wether i will try and keep my weight steady as meaningful weight losses seem to be a thing of the past i have struggled all my life with steady so that would be a big achievment and avoid the disappointment of no decent losses.....will muse further as i enjoy checking in here and the chat so dont want to give upbut keep feeling fed up as im having great weeks but the losses arent following

any thoughts ? good luck with weigh ins xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    jules81 wrote: »
    can i join you please???? i was a member back early in the year and have spent 5 months is a MH unit-I want to take control of some areas of my life-food is one BIG one

I weighed in this morning at 325.3 lbs will weigh in on mon, not sure how many mon there are left in the year.

I am cal counting with healthy eating and need all help i can get

xxxx

Good to see you back Jules81! There are three weeks left on the challenge if that helps at all :D
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Arrietty … 3/8 :):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 1.2/4 :):A
    CRANKY40 … 4.5/7 :):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 2/6 :):)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 3/10 :):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … +2/7 :(:(
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … +0.8/5 :p
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +2/14 :(:(
    Short_bird … 7.5/6 :):):):):):):);)
    SIRENS … 7.5/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 3/13 :):):)
    TiredTrophy … 1/10 :)
    Weewdy … 0/7
    Zafiro1984 … 9.75/14 :):):):):):):):):);):A

7 st 2.09 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j:j :):)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you Dolly84 that's my inkling too. I seem to put on weight eating simple regular meals, perhaps I just need to address portion control and drop the snacks. My bloods are ok inc. thyroid. So I know it's not a dietary imbalance. The GP has now referred me so I look forward to seeing the dietician.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    minus 1 lb for me please knit witch

been thinking about the next challenge not sure if i will have a target or wether i will try and keep my weight steady as meaningful weight losses seem to be a thing of the past i have struggled all my life with steady so that would be a big achievment and avoid the disappointment of no decent losses.....will muse further as i enjoy checking in here and the chat so dont want to give upbut keep feeling fed up as im having great weeks but the losses arent following

any thoughts ? good luck with weigh ins xx

I am going through the same thoughts tessie. Maintaining seems to be all I can do right now - I eat healthily but I just can't bring myself to eat less (and DH gets stroppy). More exercise is the only way forward for me I think - but life is just ridiculously busy right now. I have asked for the smallest membership at a local spa for Christmas - it gives me 3 evening visits in the year which would be nice. More importantly it allows me to PAYG at the sister gym next door which is the nicest in the area. That way I can see if I will get the use out of it without a big commitment. DD is doing her GCSEs in May/June so I expect I will be able to escape there in the evening now and then as she will be revising.
    I know I need to do some strength work as I kept getting injuries after I took up running last year. Also there is a history of osteoporosis in the family and I don't eat dairy.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Just back from the hospital - pleased to say lung function all within normal range, I'm seeing the surgeon tomorrow so I will know more then, as to exactly what they are going to do.

I seem to be the same as most of you lovelies, maintenance is all I seem to be able to manage but I want to lose another stone before my op. I've not officially weighed in for the last couple of weeks but basically I've stayed the same. Looking back at what you have all been saying I think I need to address my portion size but I seem to be eating mostly vegetables anyway so I'm not sure what to do, any ideas or help gratefully accepted. (more exercise is not an option at the moment)

On a good day lunch is steamed or stirfried vegetables with garlic, soy sauce ginger and lemon. - no oil used in the stirfry
    An apple and a satsuma in the afternoon or a cup-a-soup if its cold.
    Dinner is the same as lunch but with some form of protein (eggs, turkey, lean meat or fish) followed by SF jelly and low fat yogurt, one square of 85% dark chocolate.

On a bad day all of the above and then my downfall comes after dinner, I can't seem to stop myself from having more chocolate, a piece of cheese or a glass of wine. At the moment my favourite is crackers with lashings of butter. i know it's not helping but I just can't seem to stop myself. I do like to go to bed feeling reasonably full.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure