What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 6 August

Comments

• Morning guys :) Not sure what happened to my post yesterday. I thought I had done it before work, but when I got home I couldn't see it. Probably for the best as was feeling down yesterday and apart from not spending money didn't achieve very much!

Today is my last day at work until Tuesday so at least there is a bit of relief - feeling down about having my probation extended as I had asked for 10 minutes to eat at 3pm and the manager wasn't happy about this and wanted me to do tasks. I had been out since 9am in the heat and was so hungry. Seems like I always have difficulties at work. Have been told if I have any further reports I will have my contract ended...

Anyway hope for the best and prepare for the worst as they say...

Today:

* all meals from stores
    * asked oh to hang out washing - will check with him shortly if its been done
    * record all mileage
    * do some onepoll - seems like I'll have time today...
    * would like to do some sewing this evening but will depend on mood/motivation
    * will call in to allotment on my way home and pick anything ready :D

yesterday received 2nd compensation for dodgy joint of lamb from a couple of months ago - another £5 voucher and £6.99 refund :D

ok that's all I think for now....

CCL glad you had a good break :D

Thrice nice one re the refund and your generosity!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DNMS that doesn't seem fair. Surely don't they realise that you are entitled to breaks and a lunch break. No wonder you have been feeling down. Sending hugs

DawnW hopefully the Monsoon top will sell without problems. I've just recently sold a Yankee candle on eBay for over the odds. So far everything has gone okay but it does make you wonder whether something will go wrong.

After the brake suddenly dropped off my wheelchair I went flying with my toast this morning. A bit battered and bruised so keeping an eye on my knee and going to take it easy today.

Tesc@ clubcard vouchers have just come through so will store those away ready for Christmas. On a Tesc@ note managed to pick up the boxes of quality street down to a £1. Had a really good date on them, asked one of the staff I knew why they had put them so cheap, she just said they were going to discontinue the line. Bought some boxes to go in starving student stash and 2 boxes to put away for Christmas but if one box is needed for something then it is spare. They won't be eaten as i dont eat alot of chocolate and we don't eat a lot at Christmas so a small box will be enough of different chocs as we end up still having them at Easter otherwise

Just plan to potter today and keep putting things away. Have nearly finished wrapping DN presents but I can't find one so hopefully will find it today.
    Cat cleaning all done
    Banking all checked, everything good

Also plan to get the rest of the washing out even though it looks overcast and is not looking good

Just having left over take away for lunch.....tastes even better that DD bought it.....normally her purse is welded shut and she is pleading poverty!!!

Think that's about it from me, have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 August 2018 at 8:27AM
    Hi August-Austerees,

Morning!:coffee: Just a quick visit. Today's free-ish entertainment is a walk up a hill, through a moorland and down a waterfalled-glen. Navigating courtesy of a kind friend who gave me an OS maps subscription. The navigation is quite tricky so if I don't check-in tomorrow you know the Fairlie Moor Yeti has got me, ;). (Just kidding, I should be fine, experienced, prepared, DW has a map of where I'm going and knows my ETA etc.)

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite

Today is my last day at work until Tuesday so at least there is a bit of relief - feeling down about having my probation extended as I had asked for 10 minutes to eat at 3pm and the manager wasn't happy about this and wanted me to do tasks. I had been out since 9am in the heat and was so hungry. Seems like I always have difficulties at work. Have been told if I have any further reports I will have my contract ended...

DNM, workers in most jobs have the right to one uninterrupted 20 minute rest break during their working day, if they work more than 6 hours a day. That's the law. This I know because I work in the employment agency field. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 12 August 2018 at 2:21PM
    Morning folks

DNMS - sorry to hear you have work troubles :(
    Ally - I hope the faeries didn't take you
    HK - how is your knee?

I'm still catching up with the thread. Thank you for all your kind wishes. Sadly not a good weekend... I accidentally took some codeine instead of ibuprofen in the early morning and wiped myself out for all of Thursday morning. Then had a massive anxiety attack for half of Friday and most of Saturday. It was the horrible mental paralysis that stops you moving out of the seat despite the fact that you need to do things.

I feel really exhausted now. I've got some time off in 2 weeks and I feel like I need it.

I need to take things gently if I can over the next few days. On the plus side, lots of crochet and sock knitting has been done. I might finish my sock tonight. I only have the toes left.

Things to do today:
    • L/D from stores
    • water greenhouse
    • charge phone in work - done
    • Send OH for food shop - done
    • Hopefully OH to do the cooking that didn't happen at the weekend.
    • Try to relax
    • Reconcile budget sheet
    • Maybe finish sock
    • Go to B&M for cream yarn - done
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,425
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hope you are ok after your fall HK :(

Sorry to hear about work issues DNMS - everyone's work conditions seem to be going down the pan recently :(
    Hope you feel better soon CLF :(

Pouring with rain here (so no watering :j) but it is also cold :eek:
    Been to an indoor car boot sale this morning as the outdoor ones were cancelled. It was rubbish, but the chilled food van was there, so I managed to get some bargainous bacon at least :)
    Just put a stew in the SC for dinner, as it isn't salad weather! Used HG shallots, which took forever to peel :mad:

Need some bread as I didn't put the bread maker on yesterday and we don't have any for lunch - will go to the corner shop as there will be no additional temptations there!

Also need to:
    Sort out sink / kitchen / dishwasher :eek:
    Ironing, not much, but I hate it hanging around!
    Dodge the rain to see what needs picking in the garden - you can almost watch things grown atm!
    Ought to sort out the freezers as they are jam packed again :o

Hope everyone is having a good day - and Ally, I hope the weather is better where you are going than it is here!
  • Quick bit of advice wanted please... my energy deal finishes at the end of the month. There is a 2 yr fix (ends Oct 2020) which is the cheapest, but a 3 yr fix that ends Oct 2021 which is slightly more expensive.

I'm thinking that I should go with the 3yr fix d/t the general Brexit uncertainty. What do you guys think?
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,425
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I went with a 2 year fix about 6 months ago as I foresaw trouble ahead - if I were out of contract now I think I would fix for as long as possible, as I can't see a situation arising over the next few years where power prices go down :(
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,613
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Many thanks CLFand DawnWabout my knee. Really feel sore today and the damp weather isn't helping. My knee is good if it is bent but really painful straight. It is a no man's area as it is somewhere my feeling finishes from my paralysis so I have no idea what happened with the leg yesterday. Absolutely refuse to go to A&E, I can't sit there for hours will be incredibly painful for my back so have agreed if knee is still not good in the morning to see my GP. If he wants a x-ray you just get sent straight up to the local cottage hospital. They just do it there and then.

CLF I hope,you are feeling better, it sounds like you have had a rough couple of days and it is draining, you just don't bounce back after straight away. Sending hugs

Despite knee have been getting stuff done, just made sure knee stayed bent.
    Checked banking ready for d.debit tomorrow
    Got rid of some rag bags and found a box in Tesc@ to send some presents in. Had to cut it down a bit but it is perfect.
    Topped up on cat food and picked up YS piri piri chicken fillets which have gone in the freezer.
    Cat cleaning done.
    Did attempt to vacuum but body gave up on that so I am going up to bed to do some paperwork after a bit of internet mooching first.
    Will put DW and WM on now so when I pop down in a bit I can sort them

Have a good evening everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • CLF I hope,you are feeling better, it sounds like you have had a rough couple of days and it is draining, you just don't bounce back after straight away. Sending hugs

Thanks HK. Feeling much perkier in the last hour or so. Maybe I was fighting something off?

Def look after that knee!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income