Just been fired , Was a childcare Nursery nurse now looking for retail ; CV help?

124»

Comments

• katsoocam
    katsoocam Posts: 136
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Any news Apricity? Found something nice yet?x
  • kay0601
    kay0601 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Well done for braving those who have been critical on here and for his doing your own. I worked in nursery nursing for over a decade and let myself be treated quite horribly by the various owners and managers I worked under. It sounds like you were set up by cliquey idiots.

I just wanted to wish you luck with your job hunt. I got out and I work for my local council now. (If things were to dramatically change in the childcare sector starting with decent wages and less paperwork/doing away with the curriculum for excellence wile have up here I'd consider going back but as it stands, no way!)
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    kay0601 wrote: »
    Well done for braving those who have been critical on here and for his doing your own. I worked in nursery nursing for over a decade and let myself be treated quite horribly by the various owners and managers I worked under. It sounds like you were set up by cliquey idiots.

I just wanted to wish you luck with your job hunt. I got out and I work for my local council now. (If things were to dramatically change in the childcare sector starting with decent wages and less paperwork/doing away with the curriculum for excellence wile have up here I'd consider going back but as it stands, no way!)
    You really need to understand the difference between "critical" and "critique". Nobody has criticised the OP. Some people have pointed out that, in the real world, there are things that need to be explained to potential employers, because in the real world employers have a lot of choice and tend to make assumptions about things like having multiple employers in a short period of time and being sacked! "All of this was the fault of anyone but me" might be true. It is also never going to impress a potential employer. Faced with a poor employment record and a statement that this is all somebody else's fault, and other candidates with no dismissals, steady work records, and positive references - who do you think employers will choose??!

So it really doesn't matter that it's all true or that it's all explained - it's how it comes across. Employers don't want to hear how rubbish your last employer was, how other people (allegedly) did the same thing and got away with it, or why it was unfair. It may be great gossip, but in the end they will go with the thoughts "where there's smoke..." and "if this person got sacked, how long will it be before I have to sack them too?". Employers are seldom forgiving when they have so many choices in front of them. So how you present things really does make a difference.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sangie in the real world she isnt going to come across someone as thorough as you regarding a retail job.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Sangie in the real world she isnt going to come across someone as thorough as you regarding a retail job.
    Maybe not. But also maybe. Seriously... Someone is giving up a career in childcare after being sacked, and it's not their fault because the employers standards are too high. Do you seriously believe that many employers are going to either believe that or be impressed by it? It isn't about whether it's true. It's about what people believe. And especially these days, I know what a lot of people will believe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure