IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EURO Car Parks -

Hi,

so I've read the sticky thread on how to appeal etc. and just after a second opinion really.

I've received a PCN NTK showing my car's registration number entering and leaving a car park in a 17 minute period. No ticket was purchased. This article explains why this is happening all the time in this particular car park:

https://www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/news/anger-over-rye-chippy-parking-fine-1-7588278

Is it still worth going through the online appeal (which seems odds on to be denied) and then the POPLA appeal in the hope they cocked up somewhere along the way? Or should I just cough up the £40.

thanks

A

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Is it still worth going through the online appeal (which seems odds on to be denied) and then the POPLA appeal in the hope they cocked up somewhere along the way? Or should I just cough up the £40.
    Are you seriously expecting anyone advising on how to beat private parking tickets to suggest you pay this?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • astreet3
    astreet3 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Are you seriously expecting anyone advising on how to beat private parking tickets to suggest you pay this?

:think: I guess I asked for that!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If you get a second opinion from anyone here saying anything other than to fight this then worry about their true intentions! (We do get some posters who come here with an agenda!)
  • astreet3
    I guess what I'm really asking then is am I right that my first step is to just appeal via ECP online using the template from the sticky thread?

Then when that's rejected go for a POPLA appeal, looking at grounds such a land owner authority, accuracy of ANPR cameras/timing?

Given no ticket was purchased no contract was entered into so does that make a difference, as surely that's trespass rather than a broken contract?
  • Quentin
    If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name you need to ask MSE to change it to something truly anonymous

The ppcs monitor here and can use posts in your thread against you
  • Umkomaas
    I guess what I'm really asking then is am I right that my first step is to just appeal via ECP online using the template from the sticky thread?
    Yes, if you're in time.
    Then when that's rejected go for a POPLA appeal, looking at grounds such a land owner authority, accuracy of ANPR cameras/timing?
    Yes, if you get a POPLA Code. There are various templates contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 for use in developing a POPLA appeal.
    Given no ticket was purchased no contract was entered into so does that make a difference, as surely that's trespass rather than a broken contract?
    Depends what the signage says. You need to get contemporaneous photographs. They might be needed.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• astreet3
    Quentin wrote: »
    If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name you need to ask MSE to change it to something truly anonymous

The ppcs monitor here and can use posts in your thread against you

thanks Quentin but think I'm fine, my profile doesn't have my surname and must be andrew still fairly common (as muck) name.
  • Quentin
    You don't know at this stage what else will be posted here which can inadvertently end up subsequently identifying you! Especially if your surname matches that initial!

The advice to get it changed if it is a real name is sound (you run an unnecessary risk as well as breaking forum rules by using your real name)
  • astreet3
    Yes, if you're in time.

yep, just got the NTK today

Depends what the signage says. You need to get contemporaneous photographs. They might be needed.

thanks, I'll get some photos (after parking elsewhere and walking in!).
  • Umkomaas
    after parking elsewhere and walking in!
    Good plan - and I don't mean that facetiously. There is definitely an educational need across the UK driver cohort when parking on a private car park, because almost everywhere is vulnerable to a PPC infestation, with mantraps set for the naive, ignorant or unwary.

The days of dumping the car for nothing for a few hours while having a stroll around town have all but disappeared.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport