Flight to JFK - Virgin or TC?

2»

Comments

• Thanks for everyone's help, really useful x
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    What does one do in New York for more than a few days?
    When we go, we try to fit a few different places in. Dependent on the time allocated, at least three.
    The previous visit included New York, Miami, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands in one trip. Total cost of flights around £500, if I remember correctly. Perhaps £550.

So spending more to just go to one city almost seems a waste. Like flying from the USA to the UK just to visit London.
  • EveryWhere wrote: »
    What does one do in New York for more than a few days?
    When we go, we try to fit a few different places in. Dependent on the time allocated, at least three.
    The previous visit included New York, Miami, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands in one trip. Total cost of flights around £500, if I remember correctly. Perhaps £550.

So spending more to just go to one city almost seems a waste. Like flying from the USA to the UK just to visit London.

I've been to a fair few places in the US and Caribbean as we've cruised a lot over the last 15 years or so. Neither of us have ever been to New York and have wanted to go for a long time so decided to focus on that.

Hopefully you enjoyed BVI, Tortola is one of my most favourite places I've been to.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    I've been to a fair few places in the US and Caribbean as we've cruised a lot over the last 15 years or so. Neither of us have ever been to New York and have wanted to go for a long time so decided to focus on that.

Hopefully you enjoyed BVI, Tortola is one of my most favourite places I've been to.

It wasn't unpleasant. :) Was girlfriend's birthday present.

New York; I enjoyed the eating. Girlfriend enjoyed the sight-seeing. Girls eh? :D Of course she also enjoyed the eating, to a certain extent. Sometimes the portions were too much.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Earlier this year flew out to Bridgetown with Thomas Cook chartered- premium. I really couldn't fault the flight (9 +1/2 hours) Good leg room, good food (IMHO- some one else said it was inedible!) very helpful cabin crew. Limitless drinkies- but perhaps the cruise line paid for those!
    Actually the economy looked reasonable and folk had certainly paid only slightly extra to have the leg room by emergency exits.
    Can't comment on Virgin- never used.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The proper "extra" legroom seats on TC are normally £65 longhaul, the £25 seats tend to be one good seat and 1 slightly less good seat by the actual door.
    Also don't forget these (£25) are generally where people stand waiting for toilets so less room in reality than you expect from looking at the seat plan..
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • Indout96 wrote: »
    The proper "extra" legroom seats on TC are normally £65 longhaul, the £25 seats tend to be one good seat and 1 slightly less good seat by the actual door.
    Also don't forget these (£25) are generally where people stand waiting for toilets so less room in reality than you expect from looking at the seat plan..
    You're quite right the extra legroom ones are £65 each. I'll need to start a list of everything :D
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Indout96 wrote: »

When we book these seats i always strech out my legs and refuse to move them,after all whats the point of paying for something that you cannot use.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure