Fischer Storage Heaters

Comments

• Thanks all for the feedback.

Appointment cancelled!

Most decent companies would have said 'is there any reason as to why you want the appointment cancelled?'

Another sign of incompetence!

Thanks and have a wonderful day all and happy heating!:

:T:beer::j

You must have come across as quite assertive to have it cancelled.

These door salespeople are given a lead to go and survey and close a sale. They only get their commission if the client buys the product. So end of the day its up to the salesperson to close the deal. These salespeople do not get paid for their time and fuel if no sale is achieved .
    Its all to do with what you prefer, cauliflower steaks or cauliflower :rotfl:
    Always shop around. Rule of thumb GET THREE QUOTES.

:T:T
  • Ok so I am new to this forum, have read alot of comments, here. Which is now concerning me! So I have Fischer coming to quote this week, having read this forum I am now of a mind to cancel the visit.

I am in the process of looking to replace my current heating system which is blow air, having some issues with it so looking at other options.

I have been quoted for radiators throughout and then there flyer came through the door, so thought no harm in talking to them.

But I sense not all is right with this company.

I have read reviews on trust pilot and I have to say that where there is something this company doesn't like, they defend themselves regirously without acknowledging the customer issue.......yes this does not feel right!!!

Any thoughts would be welcome, do not want to waste my time really.

Thanks in advance!

Glad you read reviews on trust pilot, please continue to read them. Ever since i mentioned about the fake reviews that built up the fake positive review bank, they seem to have stopped and actual true reviews are now beginning to emerge .
  • I would say its about time sales chaps, heating consultants or whatever form they turn up at your front door tell their customers the truth with a guarantee of a full REFUND if expectations are not met. Potential future customers should get an endorsement from the sales chappy/charlie before parting with your cash.
  • CashStrapped
    CashStrapped Posts: 1,294 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Woop we saved @RSPHMansell from wasting a !!!! tonne of cash....go team!
  • Its about time dissatisfied customers get full refunds instead of excuses. Anyone seeking refunds should write to the review site that influenced them into partying with their cash and ask them to investigate the ip address from where fake positive reviews were coming from. You will be surprised. Days are numbered as we have seen lately in the media.
    Its simple, if you have not saved on your heating bills then you were misled.:naughty:
  • Hi. I'm a new(ish) user on the site and came across this page searching for advice on replacing old storage heaters.

I had Fischer round my house for a survey. I have a 2 bedroom detached house. Main bedroom and living room is fairly big but nothing out the ordinary. It's off the gas grid so electric only.

I have 5 areas in total. 2 bedrooms, living room, bathroom and hall/stairs/landing. Plus an immersion heater.

The Fischer thief they sent to my house totted it all up and had the audacity to say ONLY £11k.

I politely removed him from my flat as fast as I could and blocked their number to stop the follow up calls.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Terry_T wrote: »
    Hi. I'm a new(ish) user on the site and came across this page searching for advice on replacing old storage heaters.

I had Fischer round my house for a survey. I have a 2 bedroom detached house. Main bedroom and living room is fairly big but nothing out the ordinary. It's off the gas grid so electric only.

I have 5 areas in total. 2 bedrooms, living room, bathroom and hall/stairs/landing. Plus an immersion heater.

The Fischer thief they sent to my house totted it all up and had the audacity to say ONLY £11k.

I politely removed him from my flat as fast as I could and blocked their number to stop the follow up calls.
    Thanks for sharing your experience Terry.

There isn't much (if any) saving to be had from replacing storage heaters. They are pretty much the cheapest option (close to gas central heating when you factor in servicing costs and meter charges) when it comes to electric heating.

There is an argument for moving to new digitally controlled storage heaters, like that they offer far more control over the heating and don't waste so much during the day, but the trade off is a large up-front cost.

If you are in all day, old fashioned automatic charge control is good enough. If you are running out of heat then add another storage heater to boost up what you're storing.

If you are out a lot of the day and have fairly poor insulation, there could be a reason to get new storage heaters with digital controls, but watch out for those up-front costs.

This is all very over simplified though, there are a lot of factors to consider.

The main thing is that you sidestepped an installation that would have cost a whole lot more per month than you are paying now, plus 11K on top! Phew!
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    Well done Terry, you saved yourself from this huge initial cost and future high energy cost. I am glad you choose to share your experience here. Today I came across an article where by BBC 5 live Investigated trustpilot fake online reviews. I have said this before that a lot of reviews on trustpilot regarding these heaters are fake. The reviews are now limited to one fake review a day. And is mostly advertising junk. Anyone reading the reviews on trustpilot will notice they are mostly left by one individual. If these reviews influenced anyones decision to purchase these heaters and are shocked with their high energy bills they should approach trustpilot for compensation and also alert trading standards.
  • Hi all,

I joined the forums specifically because of this company. Two years ago they sold four of their specially made, imported from Germany radiators for £6k, insisting that they would lower her electricity bills due to them having aluminium in them, or something.

I became aware of this earlier in the month, after she had suffered two winters of incredibly high electricity bills (around £270 a month, more than it cost for an office of 14+ staff I had been running). She'd been so worried about the cost of these magic radiators that she had resorted to using the gas stove fires in the kitchen to stay warm.

I am absolutely outraged at this, that this unscrupulous company lied and tricked and swindled my sweet, trusting mother out of her hard earned money. The company is being extremely evasive, she's asked for a refund as the radiators clearly are not doing what they stated they would (reduce electricity bills) when they sold them to her but they are just trying to fob her off. Would any of you have any advice for me regarding this? I'd appreciate any help any of you could offer.
  • Beowulf81 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I joined the forums specifically because of this company. Two years ago they sold four of their specially made, imported from Germany radiators for £6k, insisting that they would lower her electricity bills due to them having aluminium in them, or something.

I became aware of this earlier in the month, after she had suffered two winters of incredibly high electricity bills (around £270 a month, more than it cost for an office of 14+ staff I had been running). She'd been so worried about the cost of these magic radiators that she had resorted to using the gas stove fires in the kitchen to stay warm.

I am absolutely outraged at this, that this unscrupulous company lied and tricked and swindled my sweet, trusting mother out of her hard earned money. The company is being extremely evasive, she's asked for a refund as the radiators clearly are not doing what they stated they would (reduce electricity bills) when they sold them to her but they are just trying to fob her off. Would any of you have any advice for me regarding this? I'd appreciate any help any of you could offer.

No advice as such, sadly. So many good people like yourself have after the event come here 'after the event' to express as you have understandable outrage.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback