IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP anpr Parking charge?

Options
mrt36
mrt36 Posts: 9 Forumite
edited 10 January 2018 at 11:27PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Good evening all,
Before I send a blue template appeal letter for the PCN I received today from NCP as the registered keeper, just need to make sure I'm doing the correct thing.
Date of incident: 20/12/2017
Date of sending this Notice: 08/01/2018
Time between Entry and exit of car park was 26 minutes
Date PCN received 09/01/2018
Evidence was anpr camera's, even though you have to pay for a ticket at the machine. Driver left their friend in the car while they popped in the shop, they done the exact same thing few days back but was only in the car park for about 15 minutes so expecting another PCN. Driver assumed car park was pay and display and not anpr. PCN confirmed first 10 minutes are free online and I took a screenshot of this.
There are signs at the entrance and all around the car park, but you would have to leave your car to actually read them. The PCN has pofa 2012 wording. Will appeal but need to know the correct way about it as there are signs everywhere in the car park, Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The NTK has to be received within 14 days of the parking event, (I presume you meant 20/12/2017!); so, that means by 3rd January 2018 at the latest. (AS the issue date is clearly later, then POFA can't apply).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The PCN has pofa 2012 wording.

It should not (due to very late posting). Are you sure? Send a complaint to the BPA as well, about that if you are sure:

aos@britishparking.co.uk

Apart from that, we never need threads like this because the appeal is standard, blue template. All cases are the same!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mrt36
    edited 10 January 2018 at 11:33PM
    Options
    Hi yes my mistake meant to put 20/12/2017.
  • mrt36
    Options
    So do I just send the standard appeal letter as it is, or should I add NTK wasn't sent within 14 days of contravention. I apologise I'm not the most clued up about things like this, what do you mean by pofa doesn't apply?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    what do you mean by pofa doesn't apply?
    You know it doesn't - the NTK was sent too late (NEWBIES thread tells you the deadlines).

Already said:
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Apart from that, we never need threads like this because the appeal is standard, blue template.

All cases are the same!
  • mrt36
    Options
    Hi again, Would this be ok to add to the blue template appeal, or should i just await rejection and send something like this when appealing to popla,

“POFA2012 schedule 4 tells you the timeline for an NTK to arrive with the recipient , and that is by day 15 where the date of the incident is day zero , so it seems to have been delayed in the xmas post, unfortunately you cannot prove this and the letter is presumed delivered (in law) 2 days later

so if they can prove it was posted on dec 21st or thereabouts , then they could easily convince a judge they complied with POFA2012 by ensuring it was posted in good time and is PRESUMED delivered 2 days later according to the legal rules (Unless proven otherwise), despite the bank holidays'

Thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    A PCN posted on Thursday 21st December 2017, just prior to Christmas, would be presumed delivered two WORKING DAYS later - that's Weds 27th, because weekends and Bank Holidays don't count.

Why the mention of a Judge? NCP couldn't swat a fly in court, and you will win this at POPLA anyway!

No need to add anything to the blue template appeal, leave POFA till POPLA stage.
  • mrt36
    edited 14 January 2018 at 2:21AM
    Options
    sorry the text was copied and pasted, and I copied to much, please disregard the second paragraph. The date of contravention was on the 20th Dec, the date the notice was sent was on the 8th January. Thanks for reply.
  • mrt36
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Just giving everyone the heads up on this one, after I sent the blue template appeal to NCP, I received a reply from them a few days ago. The last sentence saying 'Having considered the content of your letter this notice has been cancelled'. So big thank you to the forum and experienced members, and pass on the message to family and friends that if you do get a private PCN, always appeal.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done ...

now please watch this Debate by MP's and then complain to your MP re what you have been through

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41[/FONT]

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport