IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    logician wrote: »
    So now going off topic is relevant for others to read?

Do make your mind up.

You seem unsure if there is a vendetta (?) or not, yet the disparaging comments from many on this thread against PPA or those who praise the company suggest otherwise.

Whatever ... I will stick with coupon-mad and all the other
    great members on here who help people.
    It is after all, everything people want
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yet you seemed to 'enjoy' the postings and going 'off topic' on the thread BG see post 105 of yours below.

What's the matter don't like the content now being posted?

Incidentally, the OP on post one was a one hit wonder to the forum. ..

One does wonder how true some of the posts regarding the services on MSE given also the obvious 'vendetta' feeling towards PPA on this forum exposed by Quentin referring to an old PPA blog and carried on by others.

It would appear that Coupon Mad was removed from office - according to the blog of April 2016 mentioned by Quentin when it was suggested that the company makes a post on the thread:

"PPA wishes to make it clear that (redacted insert Coupon Mad)has not been associated with the company since her termination as Company Secretary, by unanimous vote of the board, on 28 November 2015. This blog does not represent (redcated insert coupon mad views."

Maybe Quentin did as you suggested in post #100......

Plenty of people have heard about them given the number of rants by regulars on the threads who are quick to jump in and make unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations .

Their website blogs are worth a read or two as are their own customer testimonials

Firstly posters should be aware of the potential offences under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2

2Fraud by false representation
    (1)A person is in breach of this section if he—
    (a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and
    (b)intends, by making the representation—
    (i)to make a gain for himself or another, or
    (ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
    (2)A representation is false if—
    (a)it is untrue or misleading, and
    (b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.
    (3)“Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of—
    (a)the person making the representation, or
    (b)any other person.
    (4)A representation may be express or implied.
    (5)For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

I mean wouldn't it be absolutely dreadful if some of say the negative reviews posted were found to be false and misleading in any way and Posters here had glibly highlighted these in attempts to further discredit the company..
  • FredElliott
    FredElliott Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2018 at 9:07PM
    When will Logician admit to being a director of Private Parking Appeals Ltd.
  • Private Parking Appeals Ltd is something of a busted flush.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd is something of a busted flush.

If their director ends up having to pay the costs he appears to have managed to lumber folk with I can’t see them carrying on.

Alternatively if he doesn’t pay their reputation will be shot.
  • Quentin wrote: »
    This is such bad advice. The poster looks to have an axe to grind on behalf of the ppcs!

Please ignore the "advice".
    Can you explain to me why nominating the driver when it wasn’t you driving is nothing but the most logical thing to do to achieve that Money Saving outcome that this website promotes?
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    PPA wishes to make it clear that (redacted insert Coupon Mad)has not been associated with the company since her termination as Company Secretary, by unanimous vote of the board, on 28 November 2015. This blog does not represent (redcated insert coupon mad views."
    why have you inserted Coupon Mad where the original name has been redacted?

What are you trying to say?

Do you know something we don't? And if so how it is you know (or think you know) this information?

Something not right here... I'm just going to have another read through the forum rules to check if any have been broken. I've leave it to others to decide if any libel has taken place.

Very strange!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can you explain to me why nominating the driver when it wasn’t you driving is nothing but the most logical thing to do to achieve that Money Saving outcome that this website promotes?
    I can explain that.

If there is no way that the PPC can hold the keeper liable, then the real Money Saving outcome is to ensure that the driver doesn't have to part with any money either.

A win for both the driver and keeper. What could be better?
  • Lamilad wrote: »
    why have you inserted Coupon Mad where the original name has been redacted?

What are you trying to say?

Do you know something we don't? And if so how it is you know (or think you know) this information?

Something not right here... I'm just going to have another read through the forum rules to check if any have been broken. I've leave it to others to decide if any libel has taken place.

Very strange!

She knows because she is a director of Private Parking Appeals Ltd.
  • KeithP wrote: »
    I can explain that.

If there is no way that the PPC can hold the keeper liable, then the real Money Saving outcome is to ensure that the driver doesn't have to part with any money either.

A win for both the driver and keeper. What could be better?
    If you were not the driver then why would you waste any time dealing that the fake PCN? Time is money, spending hours researching about parking charges and wading through newbie threads and POPLA appeals is totally unnecessary when in law you can discharge all liability by naming the driver with a 30 second email.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure