Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    At SW today, 6 new members returned with their fabulous first week results,4lbs,5 lbs and biggest loser an incredible 10 lbs.Target members who slipped a little over Xmas all got back into target range,several returning members lost several pounds too.Whole group lost 77 lbs They havent even been announcing numbers for at least 6 months,thats how bad it got with our old consultant.
    So guess who disgraced herself,the only person among 25 in class who put on weight?
    Yep,I put on 1/2 lb.And was surprised it wasnt more.
    Last week was the first anniversary of my sister's death. Just seems to have hit me really hard. I keep thinking about how I am the last remaining person in my generation of our family,made me feel somehow lonely,despite having a big family of my own.Its only a month since I had a bad week remembering the death anniversaries of my mother,brother and sister within a 4 day period.Struggling with depression,butterflies in the stomach like being at the dentist,before the head or at a difficult interview.Barely eating,but when I do its rarely speed foods,its stuffing myself with my fave roasties!. Never opened the book or planned a meal. I'm sitting here feeling as if I am going to be sick,or will burst into tears,but I am going to have a nice comforting cup of hot choc(heaven knows how many syns,cant be bothered even to check.)Then I'll have a hot bath and try for a decent night's sleep,(had no more than 4 sporadic hours for several days) .
    I couldnt share this with anyone in SW class,but I'm glad to share the burden with you. I am determined to get back up from tomorrow to try to get back on track. Normally a 1/2 gain wouldn't bother me much,I tend to look at results over a month,trying for a steady 4 lbs a month overall. But today being so low and being the only person to gain weight was very demoralising indeed:(:(

I know how you feel, we lost nan and my aunty within 4 months last year. It's hit us both hard, esp mum. As we're not a big family either, dads side is but on mums there's just the two of us.

Hugs tho and you know we're all here. You'll get that half pound off and the rest, just take it easy as grieving can take a long time
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs beanie too - you'll have to make lasting memories with them

Well done Kathryna too :) and all the losers
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Yep,I put on 1/2 lb.And was surprised it wasnt more.
    Last week was the first anniversary of my sister's death. Just seems to have hit me really hard. I keep thinking about how I am the last remaining person in my generation of our family,made me feel somehow lonely,despite having a big family of my own.Its only a month since I had a bad week remembering the death anniversaries of my mother,brother and sister within a 4 day period.Struggling with depression,butterflies in the stomach like being at the dentist,before the head or at a difficult interview.Barely eating,but when I do its rarely speed foods,its stuffing myself with my fave roasties!. Never opened the book or planned a meal. I'm sitting here feeling as if I am going to be sick,or will burst into tears,but I am going to have a nice comforting cup of hot choc(heaven knows how many syns,cant be bothered even to check.)Then I'll have a hot bath and try for a decent night's sleep,(had no more than 4 sporadic hours for several days) .
    I couldnt share this with anyone in SW class,but I'm glad to share the burden with you. I am determined to get back up from tomorrow to try to get back on track. Normally a 1/2 gain wouldn't bother me much,I tend to look at results over a month,trying for a steady 4 lbs a month overall. But today being so low and being the only person to gain weight was very demoralising indeed:(:(

Massive hugs hun. Loss of a sibling is absolutely terrible. October was the 8th anniversary of me losing my brother, and I still find it hard every year. Don't feel guilty for how you feel. It is normal, and you need to allow yourself time. It is something you don't get over, you get used to it and learn to live with it, and you will keep having set backs. Here for you if you need to talk.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Start of a new week for me, and determined to have a good one, before I end up being fed NHS food, and being able to do nowt.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - porridge and fruit
    Lunch - noodles
    Dinner - Italian chicken

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - 2 in noodles
    Zebras rock
  • lightbulb0811
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    How big is the bag of Sensations?
    It's 13g (tiny) and 64 cals :T
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • lightbulb0811
    Options
    Morning, reading and running as usual, but well done on the losses and STS:
    Plan for today:
    B: Porridge & Fruit (HEA and HEB)
    L: Tuna Pasta Salad
    D: Home made Chilli and Rice.

Fruit and muller for snacks and another bag of Sensations from the multi-pack :-) Another gym class tonight so fingers crossed I get a loss on Saturday - my aim is 2lbs but more would be great. Have a good day everyone x
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • NineDeuce
    Options
    Actually slimming world hasn't had a penny of my money as I bought the books off eBay. And believe me I tried and tried for years - done many fitness DVDs, followed low fat, low calories and the rest since I was 12. Even 2 years ago before going to Oz I was doing 3 days at the gym for 6 months - went down to 14 stone 7 I think it was and then put it all back on and a bit more then decided to give this a try and 6 months later I'm 3 stone lower, eating better and enjoying what I'm eating and a lot better for it. It might not be for everyone, but it's certainly helped a heck of a lot of people. Surely if it helps people to lose weight for good (like many on here too) it's not a bad thing

What makes you think that it makes people lose weight for good? I think there was a Channel 4 documentary last year that stated that 85% of people who lose weight from fad diets and programmes put the weight back on within 3-5 years.

They even used a former Slimming World 'Slimmer of the Year' as an example, who came on to state that after losing a monumental amount of weight, it all got put on again within a short period of time. Why didnt Slimming World publicise this if they basked in all the glory from her original weight loss?

All that effort and expense for nothing when the most effective way to lose weight is not really to change much at all....

Eat what you want but a bit less of it and do a bit more exercise. This sounds really boring in comparison to reading about a man/woman who has gone on this glossy programme to lose weight but in the latter case this is actually just the extreme exception to the rule.
  • kathrynha
    Options
    NineDeuce, if you wish to discuss the in-and-outs of the Slimming World plan along with other weight loss plans and tools and their effectiveness may I suggest you start a separate thread.
    The title of this thread says it is a support thread. Please respect that
    Zebras rock
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's 13g (tiny) and 64 cals :T

Worth noting. I had a little faux pas with my syns last night. We bought some Heck pork squares on clearance. When I looked on the Syns Calculator after (!) eating them it looks like they are 6 syns each!! I had also by then posted them on our SW FB page! Oh well.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can I join in please if it is not too late to join the challenge for the next 3 months?

I want to lose a stone by early June when I have a girls holiday in Spain so will go for 7lb by the end of March.

I attended a local group for about 3 months last year (Aug-Oct) and lost 7.5lbs but have come off plan and eaten rubbish so have put 5lb back on. I am going to have a go at doing it myself until the end of Jan to begin with.

DH and I went to group together and we may join a different group in Feb as we didn't feel that the Consultant was that good. If she was asked a question or you raised an issue she would ask the group for input without volunteering her own or the programmes advice and some of my questions were around a gluten free diet or how to stick to plan when travelling extensively with work which the group of lovely older ladies couldn't really help with. I did pick up a recipe for veggie pakoras though which are gorgeous.

DH and I are raising money for WaterAid by drinking only water for 4 weeks which seems to be helping DH weight loss but I have been replacing a nice cup of tea with Christmas chocs:eek:

I also have committed to run 500 miles this year but haven't put on my trainers once since September so need to start moving a bit more and working the body magic.

I have started back on plan today and have planned/eaten:

B-GF fibre cereal, 30 ml skimmed milk, hot water and lemon
    L-Omelette - 3 eggs, 30g cheese, ham, with lettuce, carrot, beetroot, cucumber and salad cream
    D-SW Veggie burger, HM SW potato skins (with some of the 30g of cheese), peas, corn and BBQ Sauce
    Snacks - Apple, banana, toffee muller lite, red and green grapes
    Syns - Salad cream (1), Milk(0.5), BBQ sauce (1)

Some sys available if I cant resist the heroes later ;)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills