Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Now the splash screen says that new tariffs are coming 1st November to replace Flex4 -suspect they will be (considerably) more expensive !!
  • Very Poor Customer Service

Despite low price my account has accumulated almost £500 in credit balances (across gas and electricity). Spoke with support person on 4th September, after 30 minutes call wait,who submitted request to finance team to reduce direct debit. No action so emailed on support ticket again 4th October when reply said ticket was escalated. Emailed again 16 October to report no further action taken. Spoke to them again today (another 30 minute wait) to be told the same as on 4th October.

Customer service is appalling, unresponsive and inefficient. If these things matter to you please AVOID this supplier.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Now the splash screen says that new tariffs are coming 1st November to replace Flex4 -suspect they will be (considerably) more expensive !!

That's odd. I can think of no other supplier that announces a change in its fixed tariff ahead of the change date. I assume that those on SVTs already know what the change will be if it is an increase?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    That's odd. I can think of no other supplier that announces a change in its fixed tariff ahead of the change date. I assume that those on SVTs already know what the change will be if it is an increase?

As far as I understand it ,there is no SVT for eleccy only customers;I believe that there is one for duel fuel customers, but as they apparently were offering the same Flex4 Fixed rates for those coming to the end of their previous deals,there can't be many customers on an SVT deal currently.:)
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    my account has accumulated almost £500 in credit balances (across gas and electricity).
    I've a healthy "Summer" credit too; what, if anything, are suppliers obliged to do about this? Pay it back on request? Reduce DD? I'm expecting to use most of the credit over Winter - are you in the same position? If so, relax and have a beer. Just keep a copy of statements to that if (when?) Iresa go bust the regulator can step in and pay the credit themselves.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • System
    Community Admin
    brewerdave wrote: »
    As far as I understand it ,there is no SVT for eleccy only customers;I believe that there is one for duel fuel customers, but as they apparently were offering the same Flex4 Fixed rates for those coming to the end of their previous deals,there can't be many customers on an SVT deal currently.:)

CEC quotes dual fuel and electricity only SVT tariffs for me. It will be interesting to see how this announcement plays out.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,787
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Regarding September's bills, Iresa told me (on Twitter) "There has been a bit of a delay, please expect to receive your September bill in the next few days"
    My pessimistic (or optimistic - you decide!) self says that if Iresa were going to go under, now would be their "best" time as many customers accounts are in credit. And they've had all those fines to pay.
    Happily I owe Iresa money rather than the other way around. Foreseeing issues when I moved house I cancelled my direct debit a month prior to termination. I moved out two months ago & they still haven't sent a final bill.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    They're also not taking new customers. I suspect the new tariff advice is also to advise of when new customers will be accepted.

Have they got an SVT? I thought they only had one tariff.
  • System
    Community Admin
    edited 17 October 2017 at 6:26PM
    They're also not taking new customers. I suspect the new tariff advice is also to advise of when new customers will be accepted.

Have they got an SVT? I thought they only had one tariff.

No new customers until November? I am not sure that I read the notice in quite that way but I could be wrong.

Edit: Their website is still producing quotes for fixed and variable rates - which are the same.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=iresa&gws_rd=cr,ssl&dcr=0&ei=2U7mWYCrDImsa5jlh8gG

Then click on "not taking new orders". I suspect this is where the pop up is intended for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure