Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MartinLondonUK1977
    • By MartinLondonUK1977 8th Aug 19, 7:13 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MartinLondonUK1977
    0 WOW
    Question about acoustics at the London O2 arena
    • 8th Aug 19, 7:13 AM
    0 WOW
    Question about acoustics at the London O2 arena 8th Aug 19 at 7:13 AM
    Morning all,

I am hoping to get a ticket tomorrow (Friday) for my first music gig at the above venue to see Bjork in November.

However, I am very wary that certain venues have very poor acoustics. Looking at old posts on these forums and elsewhere this seems true for the O2 as well.

Obviously sound quality can vary too depending on artist, promoter and what setup they have.

What do you all recommend for getting a good seat sound/view and of course, value wise? The event tickets start from 40ish.

I would be going by myself and tend to favour middle centre but depends on availability. Pretty sure it will be all seated!

Thanks all!
    Martin
Page 1
    • MartinLondonUK1977
    • By MartinLondonUK1977 9th Aug 19, 9:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MartinLondonUK1977
    • 9th Aug 19, 9:13 AM
    • 9th Aug 19, 9:13 AM
    Hi all,

OP here - just to update that I have booked my ticket.

I was annoyed that there was a pre-sale on some website with access code emailed 24 hours in advance, otherwise might have got better tickets sooner. (ho hum!)

There IS a standing area - unexpectedly - but the tickets are just over 100. Spending this kind of money just for a plethora of smartphones to be in your way sounds exorbitant. OK people might say about the experience and being able to dance but 100 - really? Just not for me.

So instead I have booked for block 111, hopefully the sound quality from there will be good.

Cheers,
    Martin
    • whitegoods_engineer
    • By whitegoods_engineer 9th Aug 19, 6:19 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    whitegoods_engineer
    • 9th Aug 19, 6:19 PM
    • 9th Aug 19, 6:19 PM
    I went there for the first time to see Lee Evans a few years back. I could hardly make out a word of his set. After about 30 minutes, I had managed to work out how to tune into the reverbaration and started to make out his words, but with great difficulty.

The sound was truly atrocious. Maybe for music it might be less of a problem but for speech, such as comedy, I'd never go there again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,104Users online

Martin's Twitter