McDonald's spicy nuggets yes or no?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/9615242/mcdonalds-spicy-nuggets/

Can't decide if I'm "lovin it" or should be upset McDonald's is trying to fix what's obviously not broken - but I'll give 'em a try! Available from Wed 7 Aug apparently.
Grab the latest MSE Deals

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    We cannot wait - their standard nuggets have become bland, so bring on the spice :D
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Obviously not, calling them nuggets doesn't take from the facts, that baby chickens, who did nothing to anyone, were fattened up to the equivalent of a 25st 2yr old, had their legs break due to the weight, possibly couldn't reach the food or water due to this at all times, would've been packed into sheds with 40 thousand others, sheds that wouldn't be cleaned

Then, with 6000 others, they'd be crammed into plastic crates, put into lorries, transported covered in faeces, with deep wounds packed with faeces and no feathers due to ammonia burns, anaemic too.

The lorry will go onto a weighbridge, as they are paid on weight, then these animals will be strung upside down by their ankles, have their heads go through an electric bath to stun them (some lift their heads so aren't stunned, and it doesnt stop them feeling pain), then they have their throats cut

We don't need to, their whole life for 5 minutes of taste. Yet if a dog, or a chicken in front of us, most wouldn't dream of it. So no, not for me
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    snip

Alright mate, take your preaching elsewhere and let us enjoy the delicious nugs.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have to wonder what this is doing on the "going out" board?

I certainly wouldn't make an effort to go out for these - although they might be up for consideration if I was already out doing something else.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Obviously not, calling them nuggets doesn't take from the facts, that baby chickens, who did nothing to anyone, were fattened up to the equivalent of a 25st 2yr old, had their legs break due to the weight, possibly couldn't reach the food or water due to this at all times, would've been packed into sheds with 40 thousand others, sheds that wouldn't be cleaned

Then, with 6000 others, they'd be crammed into plastic crates, put into lorries, transported covered in faeces, with deep wounds packed with faeces and no feathers due to ammonia burns, anaemic too.

The lorry will go onto a weighbridge, as they are paid on weight, then these animals will be strung upside down by their ankles, have their heads go through an electric bath to stun them (some lift their heads so aren't stunned, and it doesnt stop them feeling pain), then they have their throats cut

We don't need to, their whole life for 5 minutes of taste. Yet if a dog, or a chicken in front of us, most wouldn't dream of it. So no, not for me

Why do vegans/vegetarians think that explaining the process of how meat is produced will stop people eating meat?

We want to eat the cooked flesh of dead animals and to do that animals need to be killed. This is a money saving site so we want our meat to be cheap so factory farming and processing of meat is a cheap efficient way to produce the meat.

But a lot of what you say is very exaggerated and some of it is incorrect especially when you say McDonald's chickens have deep wounds packed with faeces.

Also if i was to give you an explanation of how the internet creates massive amounts of CO2 and is destroying the environment of various wild animals which in turn causes them to die out, would that stop you using the internet?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've never had McD's nuggets. I could throw a stone from here and hit a McD's but never stepped over the threshold and I've lived here 5 years. It's not because I'm a food snob as I walk past McD's to buy my cheap bread and beans in L1dl.

Given a choice of anybody's chicken nuggets -v- spicy ones, I'd always try the spicy ones first.
  • I found the spicy ones to be crap, tried them today
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • Obviously not, calling them nuggets doesn't take from the facts, that baby chickens, who did nothing to anyone, were fattened up to the equivalent of a 25st 2yr old, had their legs break due to the weight, possibly couldn't reach the food or water due to this at all times, would've been packed into sheds with 40 thousand others, sheds that wouldn't be cleaned

Vegans, Veggies, love to preach and ram it down out throats at every opportunity.
    They believe they are right and nobody else knows what they are doing.

Right, I'm off for a chicken sandwich !
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Takmon wrote: »
    This is a money saving site so we want our meat to be cheap so factory farming and processing of meat is a cheap efficient way to produce the meat.

I don’t think all of us do.
    I’m a real carnivore, but I’d be happy to accept more expensive meat for better animal conditions - we’d just have to eat less.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure