PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2018 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• The monthly big shop has been done for this month - £34.88 at Aldi, £3.99 at Tesco and £0.59 at Lidl. Giving me a total of £39.46.

A LOT more than I had planned for the week but I completely depleted the stock cupboard last month so needed to buy things like dried lentils (which I buy in big bags), stock cubes, baking ingredients, washing powder/liquid, toilet roll, handsoap etc so I am not too disappointed. I am going away to London and Paris next week so I will only need a very small grocery shop so I hope it will all even out - otherwise I will be eating brown lentils on their own for the rest of the month haha!!

Total so far: £39.46/£135
    Trying to make my way on my MSE adventure.. Debt free since June 2018:j

December GC £32.58/£130
    November GC £101.14/£135 :: another month under budget! :: another m
    Emergency Fund £104.77/£1000:(
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I need to join in again. I've completely lost the plot this last few months.

My freezers, cupboards and fridge are full to bursting. I really need to rein in what I buy to just milk, fresh stuff - mainly fruit, and bread. That will be a challenge in itself as I must be a 'supermarket's dream shopper'

Can you please put me down for £100 I know it will be tight as we eat a lot of fresh fruit but I'm going to give it a go. Thanks
  • Hi.

This will be my first go at this..
    5 week month for me..

Am going to try for £150 for food / toileteries / cleaning.

Just me, a seven year old, manic spaniel and geriatric cat. Oh and the fish but they don't cost much.

Am on my phone and can't make the £150 red.

Also how do i make a signature so I can do a tally??

Totally excited for this challenge.

Ohh its a big challenge
    # 36 1p challenge 2024 - £319.98

#13 POYD by Christmas 24  £1450/£8138

February Grocery Challenge  /300
  • Hi everyone! :)

Please can I join from 25th October - 25th November?

I am aiming to only spend £300 this month.
    Mortgage:
    August 2018 - £121,500
    Goal: Pay off in 8 years
    Term: 25 year / 5 year fix

GC November - £306.25/£300
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've finished October shopping and put my total down so...

Today will be an NSD. I've taken a portion of spag bol out of the freezer to make into chilli for me. The HT will be having jacket potato with sausages and beans. Home made soup for me at lunch time - he has his lunch in school. I had a look at one of my recipe books last night at bed time but there wasn't anything that I fancied making. I have another one to flick through tonight.
  • Hi all..
    Thanks elsiepac for the thread.
    I'm in again for £300 for this month.. Lots in stock, need to write down a few meals plans of munch we'd like in the coming weeks & see what's ready to go in the freezer! ;)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • So much for a NSD yesterday. I’ve got a stinky cold and asked OH to call in and get me a pack of paracetemol on his way home. Expensive pills. He spent £10.94! He was being lovely and getting me things to ease my cold but could easily have survived without.

Will be a NSD today.

I’m still feeling under the weather so staying cosy and OH will be too busy at Running Club to spend any money!

Tonight’s tea will be a GF YS pizza and salad and chips for OH after running. I’ll just have a portion of HM sweet potato and carrot soup I made yesterday and maybe some toast.

Edited to add though moaning, we are still under budget for the week!
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • Herbyme
    Herbyme Posts: 720 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's been far too long since I did this, I realise this is still an awful lot but I'm aiming for £500 for 4 adults, 2 of whom have mahoosive appetites, a cat and 2 rabbits, including all cleaning stuff, toiletries and booze. 1 - 30 November. Thanks in advance for being such an inspiring group of people!
  • Going to up it this month by a tenner just to cover anything I have to buy gf. Though I have been eating wholewheat here and there with no ill effect, it seems to be just when I eat bread. I will ring up tomorrow whilst waiting in for a delivery, and see what's going on with the results of my blood test.

£230 please for me.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Spend today as had to go out for trick or treat choccies just in case. Needed milk and coffee pods too so total came to £8.95. Will be just over the £60 This week after all.
    PS bought choccies we like in case we don’t get any trick n treaters.
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family