Lady K's savings diary

Comments

• I've been studying just before work and also on my break which has been such a great help. I never feel up to it after a days work. Every little helps.

I topped up my car with petrol last night, so that was £40 spent. Two days this week I will be walking to work. It saves me waiting in traffic and using my petrol. It normally takes about 30 minutes to walk to work. Although recently I have been working in the other store and its a 30 minute drive. Where as the next few days I am working in my town.

I still have £400 left from my wages this month. Yay! I've been trying so so hard not to spend. Today is day 8 of no spend this month. I plan to go back home this month to see mum. I have to spend money to get there. There's not really any other way around it.

I'm planning to put another £250 back this month, maybe £10 more if I can. I'm also trying to build up an emergency fund of £365. But that's going to be a bit put in at a time.

On top of all this money stuff, i'm thinking about attempting to edit my book when this essays in.

Lady K
  • I have £355 left in my bank. £215 of that is going towards getting the car serviced, and the rest is going on petrol to go back home to where I use to live (4 and a half hours drive).

I've worked 6 day weeks the past 3 weeks, and we've hit the bonus a few times, so hopefully my pay will be a bit more and I can put money back next month! The in May I have the car insurance. Feeling a bit low about the saving side atm as I can't put back as much as what I would like. :(

I've been looking at houses but it just doesn't seem like we will ever get there!
  • I really do applaud you. Don't be down. You will get your house look at all the work you have done. Stay positive you done tremendously well.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Ladykernow
    Ladykernow Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    I turned 28 on the 23rd! My mum kindly gave me £50, which I have put back into savings. I've decided i'm going to try again with my saving. Now I have saved 313/1500 for this year. Slowly it's increasing! I'm looking forward to reaching my target.

I also found out I wont the £10 gift card this week for best customer service last week.

I got a free nappy and babywipes come through the door last week, much to my partners shock when we opened up my parcel! But the wet wipes will come in handy. Going to search for some more useful freebies.

No other news just yet.

Lady K
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on the bonus and the freebies, can you sell the nappies on fleabay cheap if you don't know anyone with a baby? :T
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Ladykernow
    I haven't posted here for ages!

I have joined receipt hog, going to see how I get on with that. Also joined a wombling group on facebook. :) My partner thinks i'm mad! I wombled a receipt this morning 14pts. Woo!

I've started a small container gardening again, so fingers crossed I will get some vegetables from it. :)

Nothing else to report atm. :(
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck with growing the veggies Ladykernow. I've had limited success growing green beans and courgettes in the past but there is now a local cat that comes in the garden and sprays on my plants :( puts me off growing anything edible !

I would like to try growing tomatoes in hanging baskets though.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Ladykernow
    Oh no! Maybe you could try growing some in the windowsill? Stops the cat getting at it! :)

2 sainsburys receipts wombled today.

Plus I found a five pound note! :) Woo!
  • Ladykernow
    Hit the bonus for work. Yay! £50 going into next month's payday.

I have an exam coming up next month so I have two weeks to properly revise! Dreading it. :(

A property magazine came through the door today and my partner and I had a look at the gorgeous (way out of our price range) houses. :) Maybe one day. (Meaning never!)

We've put ourselves on the list for an allotment, situated just down the road from us, so fingers crossed that we get one soon. :) I can't wait for that! :)

Hope everyone is well. Happy wombling. xx
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done on the bonus LadyK. I hope you don't have to wait too long to get an allotment !! How exciting :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback