Anyone using Fivver?

2»

Comments

• fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    As other posters have indicated Fiverr is totally legitimate.

Let's not go too far. Fiverr is just a place where people can post jobs. Some jobs are good, others like SEO jobs or 5 billion likes might be more dubious.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • alexadams88
    alexadams88 Posts: 37 Forumite
    absolutely legitimate company. The only downfall is you can't make more money from it unless you are a power seller or top rated service provided. I don't recommend it to newbies.
    We've removed your signature, if you don't know why please read the Forum rules or contact forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • mummyyum
    mummyyum Posts: 49 Forumite
    absolutely legitimate company. The only downfall is you can't make more money from it unless you are a power seller or top rated service provided. I don't recommend it to newbies.

Not true...there is no such thing as a 'Power Seller' on fiverr and my partner is not top rated but has more work than he can shake a stick at...
  • Hey just wondering if anyone here uses the website fivver.com?
    If so what services do you offer?
    I've Just discovered this website and I'm interested to know whats working for people.
  • Hi Atomic96,

I have been familiar with Fiverr for a number of years now. I've not sold on there, only bought. I have bought a few great software items from there before now and they have served me well. On the other hand, I have bought some graphic work before now and I have been less than pleased on tat score. I suppose you get what you pay for. I'm not saying that they are all bad, it's a case of finding them. And as you are probably aware by now, there are many people on Fiverr, each one scrambling over each other to get your business. Keep looking, you'll find that certain someone who is able to deliver.

2weet2woo
  • mkooo
    mkooo Posts: 329 Forumite
    Fiverr is quite crowded, especially with people who are able to offer their services at a lower rate. Its got better since they introduced tiered prices such $10, $15 etc.. Trouble is most people aren't looking to spend a lot on there.
  • Has anyone used Fiverr?

Any experiences to share?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Merged yet another new thread into the existing thread
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Actually I did notice and read the other threads but wanted more current experiences not from one year and four months ago.
  • Do you mean to sell services on or to buy them on?

I'd not heard it mentioned for a couple of years but had an email about it and see a couple of threads on it on here in the last week so I guess they are giving it a new push.

Seems they are moving into 'referral' marketing now based on the spam I got.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure