Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yesterday wasn't bad, though I must get to bed a bit earlier - like Pinky, its always a good thing.

Today:
    - open the dratted post!
    - cook beans, do this first.
    - phone call, not a problem one.
    - put the washing on.
    - SB
    - off to my afternoon meeting of this computer-genealogy group, and hope I can pay on the day, otherwise I'll be straight back :o
    - important to do something physical every day, so I'll work on the front a bit, whether its leylandii or gathering fallen leaves, nice mulch next year for the garden.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,881 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have a good day! Computer-genealogy sounds interesting - how to make the most of what's out there?
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 November 2018 at 3:16PM
    ah - the dreaded washing - lol

I've got a second load on and am trying to put away the four from last week - problem is most of it needs ironing (work cloths & OH shirts) so that won't get done today...

I'm working from home today, but the dratted work connection is being glitchy so I just have to walk away periodically - lol

Also had to order a new vacuum cleaner as OH managed to damage the integrated hose/handle on the old one:mad: (I know the right thing to do is be thankful that he cleans, but really?!?;)) - it's been discontinued (the vacuum not OH) and so have the parts (once again the vacuum and not himself) so out of luck there - it's about 10 years old so not bad for what I think was about 80 quid. How time has moved on from the old bagless ones - we are graduating to a lightweight rechargeable stick vac with accessories & a carpet cleaner - I have a hard time believing it will suck up anything but the reviews are amazing so I've just got to have faith in consumer opinion! Gone are the days of dragging the 'pet on a leash' around the house to clean up!:rotfl::rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    ah - the dreaded washing - lol

I've got a second load on and am trying to put away the four from last week - problem is most of it needs ironing (work cloths & OH shirts) so that won't get done today...

I'm working from home today, but the dratted work connection is being glitchy so I just have to walk away periodically - lol
    Ooh, no commute! Excellent! And yes, my washing hangs around for much too long too - I don't quite trust it being dry ...

Also had to order a new vacuum cleaner as OH managed to damage the integrated hose/handle on the old one:mad: (I know the right thing to do is be thankful that he cleans, but really?!?;)) - it's been discontinued (the vacuum not OH) and so have the parts (once again the vacuum and not himself) so out of luck there - it's about 10 years old so not bad for what I think was about 80 quid. How time has moved on from the old bagless ones - we are graduating to a lightweight rechargeable stick vac with accessories & a carpet cleaner - I have a hard time believing it will suck up anything but the reviews are amazing so I've just got to have faith in consumer opinion! Gone are the days of dragging the 'pet on a leash' around the house to clean up!:rotfl::rotfl:
    Vacuum cleaners seem to be amazing these days, though yes, in a way I'd rather have a pet on a leash :rotfl: I understand the benefits of the stick, but in my head, it reduces me to dragging about the dirt its just sucked up. I'd be really interested to know how you find it :)

Glad you haven't traded in OH :D that would be a shame :p
  • Karmacat
    themadvix wrote: »
    Have a good day! Computer-genealogy sounds interesting - how to make the most of what's out there?
    Sort of :o that's what it should be, I think. What it actually is, is people working on their own stuff side by side, with a bit of nattering thrown in. For "a bit of nattering" read "newcomers who smile too much being glommed onto by monologuists". One of them was very personable, and also took a hint after a while, as well as having **really** interesting stories to tell, but the other one was deadpan awful. Luckily, the first one interrupted her :rotfl: One or two are quite elderly, and can't cope with downloading stuff, so I did it for them and sent it to them by email.

It was all a bit odd, actually. But it is local people interested in an interest of mine, so I'll stick at it for now.

No gardening done, I got back too late. And I still haven't opened the post, its turning into a contest of wills between "should" and "don't wanna" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    £15 Amazon vouchers from SB added to my account :) Happy Christmas

:xmastree:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Karmacat wrote: »
    £15 Amazon vouchers from SB added to my account :) Happy Christmas

:xmastree:

:beer::beer:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Happy Christmas!

Geanology group might grow on you? Its good that it's local.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ooooo - Amazon vouchers - always a well appreciated reward!

Popping in to report that our new vacuum will be arriving today !?! a complete surprise as it said 3 to 5 days! was contemplating a duct tape job on the old one to do a bit of hoovering!;)

Guess I should mentally prepare to send the old one to its grave - tell me I'm not the only one who feels sad to get rid of old trusty & true reliable goods? Maybe it is something from across the pond where we buy something sturdy and expect it to last forever:rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,881 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Oh, hope genealogy improves (and maybe awful person won't be there next time??!)

Rtandon - totally get the mourning of old, reliable appliances - they should last forever!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback