Cashback on CEC

Psyduck1980
Psyduck1980 Posts: 139 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
How is cashback paid on the MSE Cheap Energy Club if you switch through them?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    How is cashback paid on the MSE Cheap Energy Club if you switch through them?

It is paid directly into your Bank account about 3 months after the actual transfer when the supplier confirms to MSE CEC that the transfer has gone through.
  • Psyduck1980
    Psyduck1980 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    It is paid directly into your Bank account about 3 months after the actual transfer when the supplier confirms to MSE CEC that the transfer has gone through.
    Thanks Hengus. I don't recall setting up a bank account when registering for MSE CEC. If you haven't been paid cashback via their site before do they contact you to ask you to nominate a bank account?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 4:40PM
    I haven't used MSE CEC for a while as switching directly with my chosen supplier has provided me with a bigger cashback. If memory serves, you do have to enter your Bank details on the CEC site during the switching process. I assume that CEC retains this information on its systems.

Edit: From CEC's FAQs

If you went through a comparison or provider which promises cashback when you switch - including our Cheap Energy Club - it usually takes between three to five months to hit your bank account, depending on how quick the supplier is at processing your application.

The cashback will appear as "EnergyClubCashbk" on your bank statement. If you opted not to pay for your energy by direct debit, the cashback will be paid by cheque.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure