ESA Work Capability assessment. Please help

Options

Comments

• Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Polgara72 wrote: »
    Are you being deliberately obtuse? The culmulatibe effect of medication on top of the symptoms of the condition which make activities of daily living extremely difficult, has to be taken into account. Why do you think the DVLA has to be informed of certain medications? You cannot claim for medication alone.

If you came off that combination without medical supervision then you’re a fool as well as obtuse. And are wasting valuable NHS resources.

Oh, and FYI, the PILs are not gospel. They are bound to cover all reported side effects.

Certainly not. I have never seen on any of the three PIP forms that I have filled in any instruction that I have to describe how the medication affects me. They ask what my conditions are and suggest that I send in a prescription list which I presume is proof that if that type of medication is being prescribed then it is likely that the condition exists.
    No not a fool, just fed up of feeling useless, having no concentration or drive/energy. It was the lessor of the two evils.
    The GP still prescribes them all. I would imagine that if I told him to stop he would want to know what is happening. It's a row I don't want to have.
  • Danday
    Options
    Tommo1980 wrote: »
    I bet he still puts on his claim forms that he takes those medications.

Why else would you continue to get prescriptions for medication you don't take.

No I don't I just send in a copy of the prescription which speaks for itself. I have never said to anyone including the DWP that I have stopped all of the medication. I would be a fool to tell them that.
  • Danday
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Why on earth would you still collect a prescription each month when you don't even take the medication? :eek: I've never heard of anything like it! Wasting all that money! That the NHS could put to good use on something else that someone else clearly needs. This just gets worse!
    Look at it from a practical point of view - what would you think that the GP would do if I stopped collecting the monthly prescriptions? I have a very good idea - I would get called to the surgery to explain myself and possibly be removed from the GP's patient list. That and the row I can't afford to have.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Danday wrote: »
    Look at it from a practical point of view - what would you think that the GP would do if I stopped collecting the monthly prescriptions? I have a very good idea - I would get called to the surgery to explain myself and possibly be removed from the GP's patient list. That and the row I can't afford to have.
    Absolutely unbelievable :eek::eek:
  • Polgara72
    Polgara72 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    No I don't I just send in a copy of the prescription which speaks for itself. I have never said to anyone including the DWP that I have stopped all of the medication. I would be a fool to tell them that.

So, fraudulent evidence to substantiate a claim?
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    A. Your GP wouldn't give a rats !!!!.

B. The DWP, however, would be very interested. You are purposely providing inaccurate information to increase your chances of an award. You are also obligated to inform them of any changes.

So now that we have established you are defrauding the system out of 10s of thousands of pounds, perhaps you should drop out of sight for a while.
  • Polgara72
    Options
    Certainly not. I have never seen on any of the three PIP forms that I have filled in any instruction that I have to describe how the medication affects me. They ask what my conditions are and suggest that I send in a prescription list which I presume is proof that if that type of medication is being prescribed then it is likely that the condition exists.

Perhaps read the form a little closer? From PIP sample form.

Section 2 - About your health condition or disability continued
    Q2b - Tell us about:
    • tablets or other medication you’re taking or will be taking and the dosage
    • any treatments you’re having or will be having, such as chemotherapy,
    physiotherapy or dialysis
    • any side effects these have on you.
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    Polgara72 wrote: »
    Perhaps read the form a little closer? From PIP sample form.

Section 2 - About your health condition or disability continued
    Q2b - Tell us about:
    • tablets or other medication you’re taking or will be taking and the dosage
    • any treatments you’re having or will be having, such as chemotherapy,
    physiotherapy or dialysis
    • any side effects these have on you.

Still flogging that dead horse mate. He reads, and adjusts to fit posts.
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2018 at 9:52PM
    Options

Just making sure this post stays before the next post
    'How do I explain how my medication affects me to DWP'
  • Polgara72
    Options
    bspm1 wrote: »
    Still flogging that dead horse mate. He reads, and adjusts to fit posts.

I know. Once a decision maker, always a decision maker. Looking at the whole picture rather than the individual conditions was very important to me. I miss my job :(

It’s also distracted me from the sense of impending doom _pale_
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport