Praise for my Junghans Radio controlled watch

Options
It is over 13 years old. Have to change the battery every 3 years.Battery costs just £5.

It keeps perfect time to the second.

Half price when I got it for £50. Changes the time automatically when clocks move forwards or backwards by 1 hour.

Can't fault it and highly recommend Junghans.

Comments

• societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got two radio controlled clocks from Lidl about 14 years ago, they use AA batteries so very cheap to change. Actually I can't remember ever changing them.
    They were about £2.99 each I think.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My Casio Wave Ceptor does the same thing and only cost me about £25-30.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 April 2018 at 6:10PM
    Options
    My Casio Wave Ceptor does the same thing and only cost me about £25-30.

Mine cost quite a bit more (£150 ish I think) but I've had it about 15 years now. It's also solar powered so never needed a battery.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Casio (£150) or Junghans (£50 radio controlled). Now wich would I go for ? Mmm...Guess what ? Casio loses big time !!:D:D
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got a Casio G-Shock which is radio controlled. It's also a pretty tough watch and has withstood a lot of impacts , it is water resistant to 20 bar and also recharges itself using a solar panel (so i never have to worry about changing the battery and making sure the seal is placed back correctly). It cost £80 about 8 years ago.

For me it's the perfect watch as you can wear it in all conditions and it just works without ever needing any adjusting or batteries.
  • Heliflyguy
    Heliflyguy Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wish my experience of RC watches was as positive.

No local watch repairers type places (avoiding Timpsons) would touch RC watches saying they always go wrong after changing the battery wouldnt even help get the back off so I could replace myself as I do with my other watches.

Problem with the Braun is the gap to prise the back off is very narrow, looks like a special tool was needed that is a lot thinner than a normal prising tool so I sent back to Braun who judging by the butchered rear case didnt have the correct tool either, it was not a cheap experience either @ £25 but a watch that doesnt work because it needs a new battery is a waste.

Now the backs carved up when it goes flat next time I will give it a go myself.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Casio (£150) or Junghans (£50 radio controlled). Now wich would I go for ? Mmm...Guess what ? Casio loses big time !!:D:D
    Says the (we forumites think) ex-Barclays employee with a grudge against them...

Obviously you have too much money and pay little tax.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love my Rolex :D
  • mrick_2
    Options
    Unfortunately, my Junghans "Mega" Radio-Controlled Clock has stopped working after a similar period of time to Mchambers (above).
    The fault appears to lie with the receiver (I have changed the battery, etc).
    I would love to get the clock repaired, and hate the idea of throwing it away, but I cannot find anyone that now repairs r-c clocks.
    Does anyone know of any r-c clock repairers?
  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    Options
    I've got a Tissot T-Touch expert solar which was £760. It's a good watch but large.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport