PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th February 2019

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Thank you valli, when we were given this news and the diagnosis I did not imagine that just six short months later I would be trying to organise a funeral and sorting out a way forward on my own. I know it's early days and I must learn to cope but at the moment I can't see how
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Hugs to all

I'm not working today or tomorrow so should get plenty of flying done. BUT will I? Recently I've not been very productive, I am excelent at procrastinationg. So I have written a to do list to see if that helps me keep on track.

To be fair my basics are done
    Bed folded back
    Dirty clothes in laundry
    Timesheets up to date
    Kitchen and living room tidy.

I generally prefer a 'done list' as it shows that I've haven't sat on my wotsit and done nothing but so many of you do well with a 'to do list' I'm going to give it a go.

So motivation and keeping on top of everything, what's your secret?
    Done list
    To Do list
    Other

See you all later!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 February 2019 at 9:58AM
    Options
    Welcome back Mrs MP, lots of hugs for you.

Morning everyone. I'm only just having first cuppa of the day and really must get moving soon. Might answer a few emails while I wake up properly.

MadamM, I kind of have a rough idea of what I'd like to achieve each day, and sometimes there are essentials, but if I don't achieve much, I don't give myself a hard time about it. Tomorrow is another day and sometimes relaxing is important.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back mrs-mp and huge (((hugs))). I have never forgotten meeting you and your DH: he was a truly lovely man, and you were such a strong team. Please be kind to yourself, take things a day or even an hour at a time - you don't have to do everything all at once - and remember that your Flylady friends are always here for you and will do their best to help you through the darkest times xxx

I did basic flying yesterday, and today will be much the same. It's one of those weeks! DH is going to SW. I had a guilt-free meal out with my fellow ex-students last night and will tighten my belt during the coming week to compensate for the garlic bread with mozarella ;)

Out for a time this morning on a visit, so I'll fly a bit around lunchtime and keep plodding away at the paperwork after Rosie's walk.

See you all later. Spare spoons in the pot by the hob and plenty of sticks on the lawn (which I am thinking of turning into a veg plot) - please help yourselves xx
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mrs MP, I'm sat here in tears, I did wonder where you had got to, I am so sorry for your loss, your husband was a wonderful man and enjoyed showing me how to sail the boat.
    I am here for you, there will be a way forward to will take time, go slowly at your pace.
    If you want to meet, just let me know. (I'm retired now)

Ironing done
    Hoovering done
    Walking done.

Hugs all round xx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Just stopping for a coffee and to give Mrs MP huge, huge ((hugs)). We are all here for you. Xx I was wondering about you at the weekend as I was mending - you have frequently inspired me to make and mend again.

One load of washing is outside and I am contemplating a second round. The kitchen is starting to look better. I cleaned the glass doors with vinegar and they are not only clean but the brass lattice (the real word escapes me!) is also ... brass coloured! I don’t think I’ve seen that for a few years.:o
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Mrs MP, I'm sorry for your loss, your husband sounds like a wonderful man, just from what other are saying about him.

In terms of to do lists/done lists,
    I have daily jobs that I don't really need a list for, but I do enjoy the satisfaction of writing the jobs down so I can tick them off.
    I do bullet journal (after a fashion) but now have a fil0fax folder folder with some pre printed bullet journal pages. They do 'personal' ones and 'business' ones so I have both and use them on the correct days. I don't use them everyday, but do find them helpful.
    I often, on here, write a list if I need the accountability and update with what I've done/still need to do throughout the day. This was particularly helpful last week after we'd had some work done.

Sticks & spoons are being handed out around the tea pot whilst I quietly cry on my delayed train as I will be an hour and a half late for my visit today.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mrs MP adding to the hugs. So very sorry to hear of your loss. We are all here for you.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • White_musk
    Options
    MrsMP my heart goes out to you. My story is so similar. Diagnosis and funeral just a few weeks later. It's devastating. Take time and all the time you need to grieve, this is YOUR loss. It takes time to find a new normal and it's not easy, do everything in your own time and in your own way. Enormous hugs.

Breakfast had, wet room, bin and kitchen sink scrubbed. Going to vacuum and dust through, have lunch then do the sun room. It's quite cool today but when I went into the sun room it was like an oven.

Have a good day all.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 12 February 2019 at 12:32PM
    Options
    Kazwookie sheringham was so bittersweet last year, we'd been for our usual anniversary weekend and as normal had the week with all the family planned for two weeks later. While we were there he commented that the slopes seemed steeper he had still been training regularly but had slowed down because of a cough and the hot weather. It was the gap in between those two that we went hospital. In his words he went from fit to fkd in four days. They drained fluid took biopsies and gave us their suspicions and because he still desperately wanted to go to sheringham with the family the nurses taught me how to do chest drains and we went. But sitting there surrounded by so many happy memories and wondering if we would make it there another year was awful. When we got back the diagnosis was confirmed but we were told we had a year not the six months we ended up getting.

Whitemusk im so sorry to hear of your loss, life can be so cruel can't it.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure