PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th February 2019

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I’m creeping in at the back.
    Happy birthday, Natty x
    It’s been a long day, after a night of very little sleep. The kitchen looks a state, ditto other rooms especially the utility room. Tomorrow I need to buckle down. Remind me of that!
  • Happy Birthday Natty.

Visit 1 of 5 done and I've decluttered myself off to bed, sooo tired.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 3,993 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Happy Birthday Natty xx

I've been under the kitchen table :D There were lots of carrier bags holding carrier bags which have now been amalgamated into two bags of bags - I use them as bin bags so they will all be recycled eventually. There were also several paper bags that supermarkets send fruit in - all in various states of scrunchedness - I've binned those. I found a can of furniture polish and some glue (in a bag) and I've put them in the cupboard under the sink.

I now know where my rolling pin, colander and other pan lid are - but they can stay there for now as I've had enough for today. I can see floor under there :D

Have a peaceful evening,

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Himself successfully moved the curtain poles so that the curtains hang properly and block out the light. I'm ridiculously pleased about this.

He managed to wash one of them without obvious disaster and put it back up, the other one will be taken down and washed in the morning (I have a single floor length curtain on each window, more like theatre curtains than normal ones, so one draws to the left and one draws to the right).

Whilst he's practising for tomorrow's rehearsal, I cleared the top of the CoD and promptly replaced the stuff with the two giant baskets of random crud clothes that were on the floor. Just having a cuppa and I'm going to find a couple of pairs of shoes to chuck out for not being comfortable/looking scraggy/never get worn. Eventually, I'll see the bottom three foot of the tiny wardrobe [strike]he has mostly taken over with his shirts[/strike]. He's got the job of hanging my dresses up in the wardrobe in the studio.

Slightly miffed at the blue stain left on the bath by his spilling luminous shower gel today and not cleaning it up straight away. And the way the loo was blocked by his insistence upon posh bog roll - I had to ask him if I'd find anything other than paper if I put a WU gloved hand in to clear it _pale_ before I touched it. Fortunately [strike]for him[/strike], it was just too much posh paper. Honestly, it was spotless for less than 48 hours. But it's back being perfect again now.

Hoping that he'll vacuum tomorrow after taking the other curtain down, as the dust level will be high enough to set my skin off again. I'll 'ask' him in a bit, as I still refuse to issue him with lists of chores (and his head would probably explode if I gave him a FlyLady list), but if I 'ask' him to

Take Curtain down & wash
    Strip bed
    Vacuum floor all around bed
    Vacuum mattress
    Put curtain back up
    Make bed with clean base sheet, clean duvet cover and clean pillowcases

- that's not a list of chores, really, is it?

Think I'll also take a spray and scrubby thing upstairs now to clean my bedside cabinet and the bedframe + the windowsills. Might leave the polish and a yellow cloth up there for tomorrow when I get in.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Welcome White Musk! :wave:

Thanks Kazwookie and ATB; it's the boiler programmer that I'm struggling with, not the boiler controls. I've learned how to re-pressure it, written that out as a step-by-step procedure and taped it to the inside of the door; that's the bit that would be on the Tube of You.

The programmer is a box of tricks sited elsewhere, about the size of couple of credit cards, with miniscule switches and buttons with masses of choices. I need to read the instructions several times, translate them into Easy Speak and then write out a set of instructions for myself so that I can reprogramme it whenever I want, or whenever OH has a fit of the vapours when confronted by it. (He didn't do the old boiler and that wasn't particularly complicated compared to this one.)

He's not in my good books tonight, having interrupted my sacrosanct evening ritual of The Archers to tell me the boiler needed repressurising - like it couldn't wait 10 bl***y minutes? I snarled at him.

HB I second Kaz’ suggestion of looking online. Rooting for you that you get that in tray emptied. A few years ago I was so sick of looking at the in tray which lived on my home office desk, I binned it together with the contents.

Genius!
    Better is good enough.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ooooh Happy Birthday Natty :bdaycake:
    Toasting you on your special day with my :coffee:

A bit late here, hope your day was good and full of cake.

Welcome to newbies.

- Car service manager rang am and was suitably apologetic, tried to book it in for 2 weeks time until I said I was going on a long trip on Friday so he gave in and agreed Thursday if I take it in (they were going to collect it originally).
    - did a bit of washing up and tidying in kitchen
    - finished and emailed report, started another
    - wrote another email to idiots at a certain electrical store having emailed previously, giving my reference agreement number and details of laptop to cancel my service agreement. Today I had one saying they couldn't cancel it until they had my address and the details of the 'product'. Both of these were on my agreement, and I'd put the complete reference of the laptop in my original email. Why is life like wading through treacle?
    - had drum lesson
    - visited MIL and did a few things for her.
    - knee still very large so reluctantly cancelled zumba for tomorrow.
    - practised dances with Mr N for the weekend, regardless of knee (it didn't hurt).
    - did a load of pricing up for decent broadband. :eek: There is only one company that does more than 1.3mB in our area and it's not cheap. I've resisted so far, but ours is like watching sleeping snails crawl, not just for working but we can't reliably get TV catchup or long YouT)be stuff.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Happy belated birthday Natty I hope you had a lovely day xx

Morning all,

Busy day at work ahead, looking forward to tomorrow when my priorities will be giving the dog some long walks. I am back on Slinky, 8lb have crept on so I'm doing Micheal Moseley 800 calories a day this week.

WM is on, DW needs to be unloaded, the usual morning stuff. For now, I need to put my make up on. Have lovely days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning
    For some reason that I can’t quite remember, I said that I would take DD to school this morning. This has of course led me to be awake since 4am worrying if I have petrol (I have) and when I can get to a garage to fill up (we live 25 mile round trip from a petrol station, but given that I have over half a tank, this is irrelevant for today). Any excuse for a worry.
    Once I get back, I need to:
    Sort out recycling
    Change kitchen light bulb so that the filth is fully illuminated, then...
    Properly clean the kitchen and dining room
    Find the utility room surfaces
    Sweep and mop floors
    See about renewing my passport which from March will not be valid 6 months ahead of the date inside it
    Then there are the bathrooms...

First I need the child out of bed.

Have a good day all.
  • Can I come back please?
    I disappeared as what was going on in my life was too horrible to talk about and I felt I couldn't carry on posting without mentioning it so it just felt easier to leave. I now need to learn to try and carry on in whatever way I can. My darling husband has now passed away and is free from pain and I need to learn to try and carry on as best as I can.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mrs Moneypenny

Huge hugs. Once a Flylady always a Flylady and I can assure you you will get support here as you set off on your new route through life.

Natty hope you had a very happy birthday.

Yesterday was busy. WM and DW done. Out today with mum and sis. Hope you all have a good day.

Another fail on the slinky too. Need to reboot the grey matter on this one.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family