Forum updates

Hi folks

We wanted to let you know about a few changes we’ll be making over the coming weeks to help keep the forum secure. Some of them may affect the way you use the Forum.

Switching the Forum to HTTPS (unsecure url message)

Some of you have noticed the phrase “unsecure url” in your address bar. We’re working now on switching the forum to HTTPS, which will mean that message will no longer show, and aiming to go live with it in April. This will involve turning the forum off for a few hours overnight while it’s set live. We’ll let you know closer to the time when this will be.

Turning off old forum versions

Work to switch the forum to HTTPS needs to be done on all versions (skins) of the forum. To reduce the time and resource it takes to make the switch we need to switch off some of those old forum skins and migrate the forum members who are on them to a newer skin (the one prior to the new blue skin). This will affect around 1,000 of you. You will still be on an old, green version of the Forum and will, of course, still be able to choose to switch to the newest, blue version if you decide to. We’re sorry this may affect your use of the Forum. Our priority, though, has to be the security of the site.

Facebook login

Facebook is making changes to the way Facebook log-in works in April. At this time we’ve taken the decision to remove the ability to log into the Forum via Facebook.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MSE Forum Team.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Painkiller
    Painkiller Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Can we get full length titles back when the work is being done?
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Please thank the management/developers for continuing to provide the "green version" of the forums!
    :j :T :beer:
  • avery64
    avery64 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So pleased to hear the green will still be available. I have tried the blue but find it so much more difficult to read. Perhaps its my age!
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Once I log in I see the green skin. However, a couple of months ago you somehow disabled my 'keep me signed in' facility. Thus any time I look at MSE without signing in, I get the blue skin.

This is annoying and makes posting difficult, so rarely do so unless something important.
  • jk0 wrote: »
    Once I log in I see the green skin. However, a couple of months ago you somehow disabled my 'keep me signed in' facility. Thus any time I look at MSE without signing in, I get the blue skin.

This is annoying and makes posting difficult, so rarely do so unless something important.

I use the old forum version, just easier on the eyes. But I too couldn't understand why I'm never logged in anymore. Thought it was just me, if I leave the site for just a few minutes I've got to log back in
  • Can we get the ' to work again!
  • I too am happy to keep the green version.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Another vote for the green version - the blue is just vile.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    And another vote for the green. We should have a poll :D
  • bishopsgirl
    bishopsgirl Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Green Version for me too. Surprised that there is only 1000 of us using it.
    Be Lucky Everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport