Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Welcome andy.:)

You could aim at a target for the rest of April or you might want to go target free (TF) and just clock up as many as you can.:)
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    8/26 AFDs today
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Found you.
    5/17 please shaggy
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • loveasale
    loveasale Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Welcome Andy ,,,, we are all here for the same reason ,, but in different ways ,!
    Everyone is friendly and you will always find people who UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.
    You will not be judged,
    Good luck ,,,
    House I saw yesterday was perfect, a bit over budget , but I couldn’t get any more of my ‘boxes ticked’ if I tried !
    So I have to think long and hard about what to do!
    My kids both work and give keep , so may have to up it a bit ,,,and man said he will give me bit as he is here most weekends but I’m not sure I want to accept his offer ,,,,I I have a good bit of thinking to do in the next few days 6/18 2/5
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
  • 6/19 and 2/4 for the SNC.

Sleep well everyone.
  • Andy: welcome to the thread. There are lots of ways to give up / cut down, you need to find the right one for you. And yes, disrupted sleep / mood swings / blah feelings are a thing! If you're drinking regularly your body gets used to it, and stopping is a bit of a shock.

Some things people have found useful;

- the Drink Awate app for monitoring your daily/weekly intake
    - the Annie Grace 30 Day Challenge (daily emails and video content, think it's still free)
    - Weekly / monthly targets
    - Swapping in AF drinks (Becks Blue is v popular!)

Good luck :)

Loveasale: house sounds great, and don't you need to move in any case? I would go for it.

Declaring on 9/25 today and 4/5 SNC
  • Morning all.

Welcome Andy. The sleep gets better. I find going to bed later helps me. Have just slept straight through which I haven't done for months and months.

Thank you Shaggy & Cathy for the updates.

Another 1 for me please bringing me to 5/16 Gym this morning then the dreaded weekly weigh in which is not going to be good. I seem to be on plan Mondays and Tuesdays then it all goes downhill. Oh well weight onwards and downwards and afds onwards and upwards. Pub quiz probably tonight so must be good and not start on wine before we go out at 8.30. The people we go with are a boozy pair. In fact I think he is a functioning alcoholic. Not a good influence. I must be strong. Will have a think today about my strategy going forward as I enjoy the quiz but don't want it to be the bottle of wine, then gin and tonic or two. Also OH drinks too much beer and disturbs me getting up to p** all night. Any advice anyone on how I can manage it tonight. Think I will have a pint of cider, that will take me a while to drink.
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all, 9/21 for me today thanks. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • PriceySOS
    PriceySOS Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    9 please, thanks Thank goodness I found you again!!
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A massive thanks to everyone for the replies and great advice.
    I had 3 glasses of CdR yesterday and finished off with an orange juice and lemonade which was lovely and refreshing.
    I am also trying to lose weight after putting on 4 kilos last year.
    I need to find a NA alternative, but have ruled out NA wine because it is pricy and doesn't taste very nice.
    I might try some of the "radler" style 0% lagers, some of the international/Polish shops have a good selection.
    I had a better night last night, and I am going to try to stay off the "grape juice" tonight.
    Fortunately I never have the urge to drink during the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure