PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 July 2017 at 4:39PM
    Welcome SunnyGirl :hello: Your course sounds very interesting!

zippychick Ten? (rich tea) Crumbs, what a job. Thank you so much for doing it!
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    It's absolutely amazing Ivyleaf and I can say hand on heart that it's changing some of my views on the world! My youngest is not quite having the same revelations as he's enjoying his experience in a more traditional fashion of sleeping till mid afternoon and drinking ;)
  • Petula
    Petula Posts: 194
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just thought I'd pop in *again* :D

Have been to the old thread a few times, always meaning to 'keep up' and post but I've not done well, lol.

New thread, new try ;)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome new Fencers and welcome back 'old' Fencers :)

I've never been a fan of Rich Tea Biscuits so the heffalumps are welcome to them :D

But I'd put up a fight over a Digestive, especially one with butter on :cool:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Wecome SunnyGirl. Let me give you a few pointers for joining this thread.
    First, take no notice at all of this lot on here. They are all as mad as a box of frogs.
    If it is wisdom, clear thinking, sensible advice, wide ranging knowledge, respectability, life experience and a mentor who is NEVER, NEVER wrong you are after, look no further. I am at your service. I am also modest, although I keep that quiet.

Seriously, (and I can be) your life seems to be pretty full on. I'm sorry for the sadness you have had to cope with. Your family sounds well adjusted and getting on with their lives successfully. Well done you.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

On a different subject, who waved their magic wand and sorted out our problems? Thank you so much whoever you are. Oh, the relief of accessing the forum immediately and in the right format. Fingers crossed that nothing else untoward happens.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • MONNA thou are dismissing us too lightly.....C'mon you know jolly well it's way more than just one box!!!!!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yeah, well, .I didn't want to scare the poor girl off and you know how I always under play everyone else's idiosyncrasies.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Is that a bit like SNAP but with more frogs in it?
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Popping back to say a belated thanks to Knit Witch for the new thread .As ever much thanks to the wonderful Zippy who has been pretty busy over the last year or so sorting out us Old Stylers .
    Perhaps mse towers should find an mse badger award for her .

Welcome to newbies and returners . Don't worry about keeping up Petula . I am one of the worst for going missing in action here and nobody has taken away my pinny and rolling pin yet .

Meanwhile something which lodged in my dodgy memory when I was struggling to keep track .
    Hester once read never forgotten ! If you ever become the proud owner of a longed for purple suede corset - can't believe I typed those words ! - can we look forward to your new " How to care for a suede corset the old style way ?"

Finally I did thank him before the other thread was locked but as it will slip down the pages I'd like to thank dear patient Nuatha the "father " of the other fence thread and a patient and wise man , Apart from his posts he contacted me during my techie wobbles and gave me good advise which was thankfully received . Maybe you'll wander this way again some time but sending you and yours good vibes as always .

Now off to my quiche and salad . Have a good evening all .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well that was quick . Just noticed Monna and Lyn are at it .:D
    Monna I really love the visual clarity of your post extolling your virtues ( oh wise one )
    Maybe we should all post like that , after all a number of us are at the screwing the eyes up stage .
    Meanwhile please don't mention frogs , A week or so ago I decided to adopt the eat a frog method of dealing with tasks that keep getting put off . Alas dear readers it did not go well !!! and I doubt I'll try that again .

Well in the words of Peter Kay " It's spitting , it's spitting everybody in ...........
    Rumbles of thunder , flashes of lightning and the rain is getting going . After all these weeks of hoping at last the rain , the welcome rain .
    That's one for you Monna I learned that poem in childhood and in my hot state and feeling as though my head is clamped in a vice the name of the poet escapes me .

Off to log out and shut down the laptop and unplug everything . Bring it on .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure