* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    vulpix wrote: »
    My cousins 2 kids asked for a baby brother or sister for Christmas one year or failing that a dog! They got a dog!
    Last year, my daughter said to me a few days before December 25th..."So far, my Christmas presents are going to be disappointing..I haven't heard any of them barking' :rotfl:

We finally got a dog in the spring, after I caved in after 20 years of resistance to one.
  • Thanks Princesskitty,
    my Instagram is @joyfullyfestive if someone can add it to the list?

Went shopping today, not much Christmas stuff yet, but brought some Xmas wax tarts in Yankee candle shop for 50p each and some star fairy lights in primark for £1.50. bargain!
    :santa2: Joyfullyfestive all year round. Instagram: @joyfullyfestive :santa2:

Afternoon everyone, hope everyone is well, and not too hot! Well call me Smuggy McSmugface :p I have finished Christmas presents, tbf I don’t have that many to buy for. I got Thumper an Adidas tracksuit to finish him off. He loves tracky bottoms, being autistic he is really funny about his clothes and how they feel on him. I’ve got my eye on a beautiful silver stags antler candle holder (thanks to our lovely Murie) I think that will be my next buy for Christmas.

PEPPA Congratulations on your new DGS, what have they named him? Your GC have such lovely names.

VULPIX glad you had a lovely holiday, I hope you feel nice and rested and looking after yourself.

REDREDROBIN hi and welcome back

SAMMYKAYE your little camping trip sounded perfect. The light up Robin ornament sounds lovely, we have a robin here too, I love watching him/her

JOYFULLYFESTIVE hi and welcome, I have followed you back on IG

NOODLES yes I really liked the East Midlands outlet, it’s outside, lots of benches, compact but with good shops there

MRSINVISIBLE yes I don’t understand why ink is more expensive than the flipping printer, madness!

PRINCESSKITTY ooh you have to DM me the name of the celebrity I am intrigued (and damn nosey). I hope everything gets fixed! How is Your MIL now?

SPENDLESS I am giggling at DDs comment about not hearing any barking yet :rotfl:
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Free I have some nice antler candle holders. They hold five dinner candles each and do give off some heat. I would like to see the ones you have your eye on x
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Aw thanks FREE. He’s called James Aaron and he’s so cute. :happyhear
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Welcome James Aaron, lucky PeppaP,.

What a lot of present good ideas everyone. The candles and fairylights all sound gorgeous. l managed to get fairy lights that work from the doofer that you charge mobile phones with,( it plugs in to the wall and has a slot for the charger cable to go in) . it must have a proper name? anyway, l put the lights all round the top of the conservatory windows, and l think it looks very effective.
    l have decluttered a corner in Chez invis living room. l relocated the stereo into the conservatory into the TV unit. DS2 took the unit it was in, so reduce, re-use-, recycle all in one. Must remember to get him a card this morning as it is his birthday, and fave cos made me a swiss roll for his cake.
    passed the house that has 5 of my hanging baskets and saw that a couple looked bedraggled and bare, so as l have 3 just sitting here, l will take them down for them. (when this wind dies down that is).
    Caffiene calling , xx
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    GIRLINAYELLOWDRESS this one. /https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unique-Rustic-Antler-Candle-Holder-4-Taper-Vintage-Style-Home-Decor-Stag-Deer/202706395700

PEPPAPIG aww that’s a lovely name, so long since I had newborn cuddles

MRSINVISIBLE I love the sound of the lights in the conservatory [SIZE]
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Free I sent you a pic via insta x
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Free they are the teeny tiny ones in a copper coloured wire, LED l think. They were about 75p a string from Ge@rbest. (when l put the voile curtains up in the conservatory, and before l put the furniture back in, Fave Cos said ''it looks like a parlour of repose''. Then l put the lights round and she said ''now it looks like a fairground ride'') l do love her. smilie face emoji insert.
    My friend whose PIP got turned down got her mandatory request result yesterday, and is delighted and relieved to have been awarded the standard daily living rate.
    DS2 had his birthday cake it was yummy, and more-ish.
    Fave niece is bringing my two great nieces this afternoon, so a really lovely time today. So l'd best get my booty shaking and tidy up. xx
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    . And on top of all of that we found out yesterday that a notorious character well known in the press has moved into our road! I’m not going to go into details about who it is but let’s just say it’s not really the type of character you want living a few houses down, I don’t think they will give us any trouble themselves but we don’t know what type of people might be visiting them! They are not well liked. They’re currently renting it so hopefully it might only be temporary.

Well that’s intriguing but tif there are lots of people I would dread moving into my street so fingers crossed for you that they are only renting and it’s just a temporary solution. Can we have a hint at least (only because I’m nosey!)

Jolly - I have followed you on IG - I’m sassyaardvark on there.

Props - James Aaron sounds lovely! I hope you are enjoying lots of baby cuddles
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family