PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 20 July

2»

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning campers !
    The sun has got his hat on again so I have stripped the bed and the WM is chugging away. I shall clean the upstairs and then later remake the bed when it's had a bit of an airing.
    I didn't have a very comfortable night as Mr Fix It was tossing and turning :(. He was shouting in his sleep too, so this morning he feels he's been playing rugby for Wales and has been shoved from pillar to post...... well it wasn't me your Honour :whistle: ( although at 3am I certainly felt like it could have been ;) ). To add insult to injury we have been plagued by scores of noisy sparrows, which have taken to sitting in the trowing and chirruping to their hearts content ! Never seen so many of them here before.
    Enough moaning from me, I shall take my discontent and turn it into something useful, like the hoovering :rotfl:

Taff I did wave, my arm nearly dropped off from waving so much :D. I'm sending you and your Dad a big hug each. Don't forget to look after yourself too.( I know that's easy to say and hard to do, but please try to take 5 mins for yourself )
    Dumpling enjoy your quest for the makeover.
    Gers hope you can get about pain free. I'm glad the lilo is doing a good job for your Mum too.
    RedRuby WOW on the weight loss ! Well done :T.
    Hester please give Steve a hug from me, and have one yourself too, you both deserve them.
    Gintot Yea to the roofers :j. I hope they can get it done before any rain arrives.

Thinking of those MIA, the poorly people, especially their carers and anyone who is wrestling with daily life.
    Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning! Yesterday it rained and rained and rained, went out this morning to check on the greenhouse and many outside pots, mostly good results. One tomato has had a moment and chucked itself on the floor in the greenhouse but that's my fault I used string in the pot this year instead of the galvanised curly metal supports and the string snapped. Will go and upright it after more coffee. I love my bed, just cnnot sleep propelry away, takes ages to get to sleep and then when I do, Im plagued with cramp in my feet all night. My father is not the only one who needs to drink more i fear.
    OH has a course next week so he will be here to water the veg and look out for the cat. I haven't seen him yet, he's probably miffed we had the temerity to go away together....

Gers, it's very dispiriting, feeling next to useless atm, hope your foot egts better quick, it's one less thing you need right now.....SO, hope you have a better sleep tonight. TA, enjoy your potential bus ride! dumpling, yes. do mood boards and everything! Hester, yes, another bit of disappointing news for him, but on the pluse side, it's an early retirement, and before long, he's going to wonder how he ad the time to work...hopefully...gintot, hope they put t back on as quick! red, congratulations on the continuing weight loss..findong it very difficult atm too, can't buy my own food as there's no where to put it. nanny, watch your arm, you need it for the hoovering! Not! use it for doing something exciting, like gin or something drinking :) snoozer, enjoy the teatre tonight...

Wotcha everyone who isn't posting for whatever reason...
    Slothful Saturday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good afternoon chums ,weather here has been up and down like a fiddlers elbow :).Took DGS Jack to work and DGS Henry came along as he wanted to get some shaving cream :) bless him it doesn't seem five minute ago he was buying lego .He is a happy lad as his provisional driving license has arrived at long last so he can prove he is old enough to go for a beer with his pals He is 6'2" yet he has a very young looking face :). But being blond he isn't keen on facial fuzz.

We went for 'brunch' in the local renovated Brewers Fayre pub .Just had the restaurant renovated, and it was a delicious eat what you want buffet, we both enjoyed it I shall miss him when he goes off to Uni in September along with his brother Jack I shall only have charge of the youngest Mikey so life will be quiet I think :)

I just made a chocolate blancmange for the boys for tomorrow pudding
    and its setting nicely in the fridge I bought some puff pastry so I am going to make some cinnamon swirls later for the boys as well.

aprt from that my feet will be up and knitting in hand and I have all of the recorded Killing Eve to watch whilst i click away on my needles
    Hope everyone has a good day and <<hugs >> for those who are not

Take care chums

JackieO xx
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Evening all,

Need to be ready to run and take in clothes from line if it starts to rain......they have been out since yesterday morning.

Manages to get the stuff I wanted for twins C and M and for OHs great niece who will be 3 tomorrow and joining in the party as she is here from Austria where they live.

We had a visit today from another of OHs nieces who lives in Wales, with her partner and their 16 month son who is a darling.....he looks exactly like his grandfather and OH as small children.

Hugs to all in need of want of one.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hester - sorry to read about Steve, it's a huge blow for him. I hope that he can, eventually, see some good in the decision.

I'm keeping the painkillers topped up so things are going well. Mind you, the one time they ran out was not nice. All should be better tomorrow.

Well, DM and friend sat in mostly quiet contemplation with the Times crossword and finished it. They will spend the next week emailing back and forward the answers to the Jumbo one.

I hope that everyone is doing well or at least coping.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Gers I love the DM one on a Saturday nice and big and keeps me occupied for several days My late OH used to love the Times one and could always tell when the normal person who set it was on holiday :) Great that your DM still enjoys them I love a good crossword ,keeps the old grey matter clicking over

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport