PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CompBunny - sorry for your loss

JackieO - You tell em:T

Finally got the receipt off DH for Mr T, £4.33 to add to the total and another 50p for some toast at work. I am working at the site wth the minging canteen for the next month so won't be frittering money away on food I don't need, won't be able to claim travelling expenses either but hey ho....

DH had tea ready for me when I got in late again tonight. Not what I was expecting but the jacket spud and quorn curry using an Ald* sauce was lovely. Do you know I have never had curry with a jacket potato before? Wonder what he will make tomorrow?:D
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • mrs_mum_3
    mrs_mum_3 Posts: 89 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2011 at 10:55PM
    Options
    £41.30 in M and S tonight.
    Yellow stickies, stuff for packed lunch and underwear (vests, tights and knickers) for winter (me and the 3 kiddies)

£23.77 in Sainsbugs chemist = cough and cold stuff and prescriptions for being rather poorly

Of to update sig.....

Mrs Mum
  • TheThriftyScrumpers
    Options
    Hello!
    It's been a busy time in our household. My lovely Dad had a nasty fall (he has had two hip replacements) and fractured a bone in his leg. He has been in hospital since Friday but was finally let out late today. DS came down with tonsillitus and DD looked very peaky when we got home from school and sure enough her temp was 38.9 so she has gone to bed with some calpol.

DS has a real problem taking medicine so the only way I can get the antibiotics into him is by mixing in a choc yoghurt (he is only 2 1/2) so I bought a job lot yesterday. He had to have mediciation for 6 months for the latter part of 2010 which is where the problem started. If anyone has any tips or pointers on this subject please let me know...

Whilst driving to and from hospital to visit my Dad I have been popping into the SM and I struck lucky for Whoopsies!!

9pm ish on Saturday night I managed to get a pack of sausages for 50p, a pork chop 40p, chicken madras and rice meal 70p and pork loin joint £1.50 (from £7.16).

2.15pm is on Sunday I got a finest mushroom risotto for 60p, garlic doughballs for 36p and a beef hotpot for two for 50p!! I could have got a lot more but as I was on my way to hospital and the food had to sit in my boot for a couple of hours I didn't want to chance getting too much. I had to stand my ground mind, there was tough competition but hey I'm not proud :rotfl:

I was checking the T3sco clubcard rewards tonight and for a limited time they are doing a £2 exchange for a take away pizza express pizza. I thought this might be of interest to someone. We don't have a p express near us but it sounds like a good deal to me.

Sorry for the long post and hope everyone is ok xxx
    GC Mar 11 £437.08Apr 11 £459.26 May 11 £485.52 June 11 £423.79July 11 £409.22 Aug 11 £250.10Sept 11 £396.14Oct 11 £382.37Nov 11 £372.55Dec 11 £332.29 Jan 12 £375.19:Feb 12 £349.58Mar 12 £279.66Apr 12 £249.12May 12 £337.66/Jun 12 £362.58/Jul 12 £317.03/Aug 12 £354.02/Sept £439.72/Oct 12 £210.16
  • pipersky
    Options
    Pipersky, can I be cheeky and ask where your name originates from?

It's made from my two oldest daughters names (that makes them sound old - they are 4 and 2!). Have another daughter now but don't really want to change my user name :o Can I ask why you asked - is it a nice name or is it wierd? I only ask because you're not the first person to ask where I got the name from :D

That's a lot of use of the word 'ask' - sorry if it sounds clumsy :D
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    Cattysmum, meant to say have you discovered the Sewing Room on the Christmas and Other Yuletide Festivals board?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2169321
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    pipersky wrote: »
    It's made from my two oldest daughters names (that makes them sound old - they are 4 and 2!). Have another daughter now but don't really want to change my user name :o Can I ask why you asked - is it a nice name or is it wierd? I only ask because you're not the first person to ask where I got the name from :D

That's a lot of use of the word 'ask' - sorry if it sounds clumsy :D

My youngest son is Piper and it is not a name you hear, in fact I do not know of any young Piper's and your Piper is the same age as mine :D
    BSCno.87
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    ThriftyScrumpers, sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he gets better quickly.

My DS3 has had tonsilitus for the last 2 weeks and I sympathise with you. He went back to school yesterday.
    BSCno.87
  • Twiceblessed
    Options
    Trip to Matalan today. Got some pjs for my eldest DD as she needs them for Friday for Children in Need
    Also bought a dress for £2.50 which should do me for the works christmas do

Chance of staying in budget seems extremely unlikely, my DDs tights appear to have gone walkies and i cant find them anywhere and my budget is until the end of November (although i did get some ASDA vouchers today so perhaps i can cheat a little...)

Learning a lot from this though so whatever happens hopefully i wont feel like ive failed

Best wishes to everyone and hugs to those who need them!
    January grocery challenge £159.43/£250.00
    February grocery challenge £209.53/£200.00
    March grocery challenge £165.66/£190
    April grocery challenge £186.27/£170.00
    May grocery challenge £22.51/£180.00
  • MissOrganised1972
    Options
    medsdemon wrote: »

saterday- salmon thai noodles
    hm popcorn for the xfactor!!
    sunday - spicy sausage casserole and mash
    apple and raspberry crumble ( using up apples in fruit bowl!!)
    monday - falafels and salad
    LO Crumble
    tuesday - Baked potatoes and baked beans
    wed - Spaghetti Bol ( in SC)
    thursday- Veggie shepherds Pie from freezer
    Friday - Plaice chips and mushy peas
    Sat - Gnocchi in roast red pepper and parsley pesto and salad
    sunday - not sure yet!!
    tuesday

I do like it when people mention their meals / dinner plans. It helps quite a bit to 'steal' other people's inspiration!

Thank you :)
    2017 GC O-£93.46/£160; S-£136.26/£160; A-£130.55/£160; J-£47.12/£160;
    J-£106.63/£190; M-£70.29/£160; A-£197.88/£180; M-£219.35/£180; F-£294.14/£160; J-£168.67/£160
    2016 GC £2322.39/£2285; GC-2012-2015 - £9789.91/£7773!
    for 2 adults & 2 kids (13 & 11) for all food,toiletries,cleaners etc

• OMG! Yikes. I put myself down for a rather virtuous £200 or £50 pw (my mum thinks it ought to be £160pcm) and have found that I have spent a horrific £177.75 with only £22.42 left in Challenge Budget if I am to be a good girl rest of the month. (Christmas coming, gifts to buy, a freezing Scotland to get too,Winter Prep to do more work on?).:eek::eek:
    I will have to check stocks but as things stand, it looks like I may have enough Beef Mince (Waitrose Essentials) to get by and some chicken and lamb that needs, plus frozen peas and spinach.
    A couple of organic Boxes from Riverford will help, but severe depression (you try living here for a laugh!) affects how I use up my food and I end up wasting food.
    I aim to top up at Waitrose as Tesco use by dates means I get caught out with the resulting wastage of food.
    Maybe I try to be a good girl??
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport