NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Comments

• Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. 2/15 needed food shopping and stopped for a coffee today.

Pay to your debt or savings first Keeping up with the penny a day savings. I'm playing invisibly from the sidelines rather than officially join the challenge.

Report in every day. hello!

Interests - finding the knitting very therapeutic

Love yourself working on this one..

Find time to get outside. Went for a long walk at a local NT property.

Overpay working towards this

Organise your month done

Lose one bad habit. Not procrastinating as much as rumbling things around in my head. The action, when it arrives, will be worth the wait.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    Grateful for the daffodils, primroses and camellias seen today.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    For yesterday

NSDs - didn't spend yesterday so 3/15. Today will definitely be a spend day as I'm currently drinking the last of the coffee
    Report - 4/30 (although slightly late :p)
    Interests - nothing yesterday
    Love yourself - put on mascara and a bright lipstick
    Outside - weather was horrendous so no. Looks a lot better today so plan to go for a walk after work
    Overpay - £3 bank account reward was paid to the debt
    Organise - wee shopping list made of other things needed since I need to buy coffee today
    Bad habit - still no crisps :)
    Gratitudes - my car, laughs at work and a good chat with my brother.

Hope everyone has a good day :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all,

SFD number 3 yesterday. It was our first properly sunny day so sunbathed all day but had allergic reaction to the sun cream and got burnt too. I!!!8217;ll be sitting in the shade for the rest of the holiday.

I was grateful for my best friend being pregnant, a message from the kennels to say the dogs were settling in nicely, good food, a good book, sunny weather (that made my sun goddess sister super happy) and an early night.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all.

I had a much needed hair cut yesterday, I only have a wet cut so not a big spend. Also did a small grocery shop last night.

Taking the kids out for a bit today and will buy some chips for lunch but will try not to spend anything else. Plan to cycle tonight if the weather is still good.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • *snow*white*
    *snow*white* Posts: 142
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello Everyone,

Hoping for my first NSD today :D

Haven't spent loads but little bit everyday so did the food shop yesterday.

Have been walking lots recently and feeling the benefits.

Made an overpayment of £100 on loan yesterday :j

Keep up the good work :beer:
    NST#14/2
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Today is not a SFD - just had to pay for 4 (hopefully the last? - test is next week) driving lessons for DS1. I also need milk and bread flours from Tesc0 so will pop out later for those. Back later with proper update x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. 1/15

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - All done for the month for now pending any unexpected payments we receive which will go on overpayments

Report in every day. 2/5, naughty naughty

Interests - Still keeping feet up........

Love yourself I'm trying, I promise

Find time to get outside. - Will do today and have been walking with the dogs more :)

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. My extra 20% = £70. 27.18/£70

Organise your month. Gone through cupboards and done inventory, freezer looking nice and full :)

Lose one bad habit. - Dont really have any at the minute aside from being a stroppy cow

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes
    Today I am grateful that hubby is now on paternity leave
    On a mission
  • mummylewis
    mummylewis Posts: 91 Forumite
    Hi misstara, sorry I'm late to the game this month. Please may I join?

I'll log in on the laptop later for my goals :)

MLx
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another NSD today . No 4
    The weather cleared up so I managed a bit of a walk. Came back did lots of washing (including the holiday wardrobe) and hung it out to dry. Rain came on big style. Everything now dripping all over the house! Never mind, at least it's all washed.
    The perfume must be working. Himself asked me what the lovely scent was this morning (I have totally no sense of smell). Also been looking after my skin every day so hope I'll see a difference by the end of the month.
    Just off to start dinner and, hopefully, liberate a few inedible items from the freezer.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Second visit to therapist today, had to take a taxi and got little bus back. Very good session, have roughly plotted out 12 sessions in 3 chunks. First few sessions will be on mindfulness practice (if I don't schedule it in, it will slide down the list and fall off the bottom).

Habits to practice
    Smiling - for all the reasons already given
    MUSIC - makes me happy and might dance around a bit
    Cook more new to me vegetarian dishes - bit more exciting than just saying eat more veg, but healthy, embracing change, looking at what I have in, reducing waste and good for the environment
    Reduce caffeine intake - has gone up because I'm using it to stay awake
    Stay in the bath longer - will use as mindfulness practice, no stressing over what needs doing but concentrate on the bath experience.
    Walking - with lots of sit downs if needed then lengthen when ankle is fit.

Doing slightly scary things and doing practical tasks toward the wedding are also on the agenda (had to sort short term goals and set out baby steps). Homework is to plot my activities durng the week (2 hour slots) and plot my mood, feelings of achievement and enjoyment. We are aiming for a balance of necessary and pleasurable activities.

Have put all the wet clothes on the line to dry (brought back in, in stages), returned library books and dropped off food bank donation, eaten leftovers, put out rubbish.

Spendy day as bought a new (second hand) phone. Paid £125 for an identical phone and he swapped my sim card over so still have my credit and the same number. Do people really pay nearly a £1000 for these things (was slightly tempted by a standard nokia hidden on the bottom shelf for a tenner) ? Could probably have sorted a repair (screen is cracked across) if I had had more time but quite pleased about going to the shop and sorting it all by myself (usually take at least one technical advisor with me, but the tech gnomes were all asleep).

Ventured into a cs and spent £4.50 on a short dress/ long tunic similar to one I have (favourite thing atm is to wear these with black leggings) and £4 on a sleeveless fine cotton nightdress for Italy (assistant said it reminds her of little house on the prairie). Will sit on the naughty bench at some point over the weekend - or probably a succession of benches. Large park is facing our hotel and at the far side of the park the wide path (riverside rather than coastal) to walk to the windmill is also lined with benches.

Going to start throwing things in bags and go to mum's soon (mum is putting her things in my bag) so will see you all sometime Sunday evening.

Today I am grateful for a productive session with the therapist, for finding the phone I wanted easily, for an assistant who was quite happy to find the same phone as my existing one and no pushing to get me to upgrade, for ordering my repeat prescription so that it will be waiting when I get back (may need to run round sorting mum's depending on whether the chemist's delivery service get their act together), for beautiful weather (may it continue all weekend), for being able to go outside in just a dress, for finding more good reading material (last book from old batch is going away with me, for finding a perfect nightdress at low cost.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport