Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

Comments

• Arrgghhh, food tech. I know how you feel about that one. Dd2 has it on a Monday as well. All her homework is on an app and she kept checking all weekend to see what stuff she had to bring in, but nothing was on there. Cue daughter panicking. So I said go and see your teacher first thing this morning, find out what you need, text me and I'll bring it in. No text yet so I am assuming she doesn't need anything. The school does have a very good policy that if it is certain ingredients that you don't need a lot of or they are basic supplies like flour, I pay £10 a year and the school provides them. Good policy but doesn't stop my daughter from panicking because she thinks she is going to get in trouble for not bringing anything in!

• I stupidly haven't made my sandwiches for today, and I will need to eat (trouble with a physical job, I can't skip a meal) so will have to rob a category to cover that :(

This is very familiar, I keep doing this at least once a week. Around 11am I realise my lunch is in the home fridge, or I forgot completely. It's very annoying!
    £20k debt paid off, now saving for mortgage deposit
    In the process of shedding 42lbs
  • Mumoffourkids, the girls flapjacks turned into pat crumble as apparently there was no time for them to cool before cutting. We had it with custard and it was very nice.

I tried checking for the boys ingredients but nothing posted, sent him a text to find out, but he said the teacher wasn't in. He isn't the kind to panicking, my daughter sounds like yours, she once did some re homework at 11 on a Sunday because it said it needed to be in on the Monday and she didn't have re until the Thursday. Obviously the teacher just got the date wrong, but we had floods of tears and stress!

Saw the vicar tonight, so all passports ready for posting. Need to find time to get to town and do them. We go swimming on Thursday so will go in early I think, just means we don't eat until late, and definitely no money left anywhere in the budget for eating out!

I have finally done my online food order for next Monday morning. Involved ringing up and finding out how to add the discount card, but all sorted. Taken the chance to stock up on cupboard items and freezer, it's the sandwich stuff and fridge items that always run out too soon.

Spoke to my mil, her train is booked for next week, so my childcare is sorted for some of half term. I may try and shift some jobs about so I can get at least an afternoon off to spend with her. I need to speak to my sister about having the little two on the Monday's, but since the incident with my mother the smallest is very reluctant to leave me and the house. Hoping he should be ok at my sister's for a few hours. I take the big two with me on some jobs in the holidays, they like to earn a bit of extra cash (last summer the girl earnt £80!) And as long as the clients don't mind it means we can get through the jobs quicker too.

Anyway the smallest won't sleep without me so off to lie down with him. And then make my lunch for tomorrow.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • So yesterday the mirror glass fell out of one of my wing mirrors! No idea how, I had it when I reversed out of a driveway, 5mins later went to overtake and it was gone. Stopped off at the garage, all ordered and am going in today after work to get it fixed. Around £30 apparently, so not too bad and I have £150 in car maintenance, glad I didn't need new tyres at the weekend!

Was at the post office depot at 7am to pay custom charges in a parcel my hubby ordered. Not impressed, but as he can't drive he can't get there, but he kept on about when was I going,I swear he thinks I sit at home all day and don't actually go to work! He now owes me £12.

Ordered the present for my son's birthday this weekend, should come today, no one will be ins o will have to no doubt, make another trip to pick it up unless a neighbour takes it in. It MAY go through the letterbox depending on how it is packaged.

This weekend looks super cold. Don't think we will be up to walking around a wildlife park. Am going to have to rethink our activities for one of the days I think.

Money wise, not much to report. My online shop coming on Monday is HUGE :eek: but have stocked up on so much stuff so should work out on in the end. Also I have £350 saved for this weekend, I don't think we will spend that so will roll any left over money into doing something for
    Hubby's birthday in April. Possibly Legoland, but I still hate the idea of £200 for entrance somewhere,too many kids :rotfl: but we are close enough (about 45min drive) so not much on travel and we haven't really done days out like that for a long time.

I have my lunch today, so no last minute rushing to the shop, and have all the passport forms so hopefully will get to town after having the car fixed so can send them all off. Have the money all set aside for this too. :D
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Hi drawing, sounds like you have been busy! I think you might live near me, we are about 45 mins from legoland too! (Of course you could be 45 mins the other direction!)
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • The flapjacks sounded lovely. My daughter didn't have food tech on Monday after all, so slot of panicking about nothing. Instead she made some brownies at home. She has decided she wants to be a chef when she grows up so I have given her the responsibility of baking all the cakes at home now. I live baking but rarely have time!

Oh and I grew up near Legoland. I remember it being Windsor Safari park before it was Legoland!
  • Rexelpink we are to the west of Legoland, and mo4k I too am old enough to remember Windsor Safari park ;) I went as a Guide back in the late '80's, I remember a fantastic 'toboggan' run, great fun trying to beat each others times :rotfl: it's incredibly overpriced now, I used to be able to get money off with my evening job, (used the coperate tickets to take my sister to Alton towers last year for her 40th). My husband has a similar package with his job, however it seems to just be discounted Merlin passes, they are super cheap, but needing six still has it at around £550, and I just really cannot justify that cost.

I am planning a family weekend to Alton towers though. The premier inn we stayed in for my sisters do was pretty close, but just off the M6, so handy for travel both ways.

The mirror cost £22.95, took two mins to fix so all good. Passport applications all winging their way off to be checked, hoping they will come back quickly. Total cost for three children's passports, including special delivery and photos £198.94 :eek::eek::eek:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • I know it is so over priced. I have been once where I had loads of tickets/ vouchers etc so only cost for two of the kids in the end. The kids enjoyed themselves but I wouldn’t pay full price!

That’s good news about the mirror but passports are so expensive. I think I might try and take the kids abroad next year when I am debt free but I think all of them will need new passports so I’ll have to factor that cost in as well!
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Ouch for the passport costs! I haven!!!8217;t got any for the DC because we havent been abroad for years. Its one of the things I plan to do when the debt is paid!

Weve got Merlin passes, living so near to 3 major theme parks they work out a lot cheaper, but we do go a lot.
    Im not sure if we are east or west?!? I have no sense of direction (just follow the satnav lol!) theres a major airport on our doorstep!

I did go to Windsor safari park, I remember being younger and it seemed there were lots of news reports about the animals escaping! Im pretty sure the toboggan run is now a giant water raft slide at legoland, so sort of still there!
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    With the little two getting bigger maybe Merlin passes might work now? When I used to go to Legoland with a friend and her son she would go free as his carer (he was on DLA). We get DLA for my 9yr old so am going to look into that. It also means that you can queue jump a bit because they struggle with queuing. It would bring the price down a bit for us.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure