IVA signed on the dotted line ... anyone got advice ideas on ways to save on budget

Hi

I am all signed up for my IVA just waiting for the creditors meeting now and then to make my first payment.

Just wondering if anyone who is on IVA or completed it have any good ideas how to save money, live comfortably (e.g bargain finding etc) or just any tips and advice going forward.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Tatty take yourself here.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Whole board on how to live cheaply
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • thank you i will look into that
  • morning

we lived comfortably on an IVA - best decision we have made. the main thing is to keep to a budget, dont be scared to try cheaper unbranded items - some are good, so not so good (worth the testing)

1) ensure you change energy suppliers a month before existing deals run out
    2) payg or sim only phone contracts - buy handsets 2nd hand or refurbished only when needed
    3) start selling on ebay - all unwanted clothes etc - people will buy almost anything
    4) buying clothes off ebay etc, can get good bargains
    5) buying freezable foods on the "yellow sticker shelf" you'll save a lot on meat this way if you can
  • Craig1981 wrote: »
    morning

we lived comfortably on an IVA - best decision we have made. the main thing is to keep to a budget, dont be scared to try cheaper unbranded items - some are good, so not so good (worth the testing)

1) ensure you change energy suppliers a month before existing deals run out
    2) payg or sim only phone contracts - buy handsets 2nd hand or refurbished only when needed
    3) start selling on ebay - all unwanted clothes etc - people will buy almost anything
    4) buying clothes off ebay etc, can get good bargains
    5) buying freezable foods on the "yellow sticker shelf" you'll save a lot on meat this way if you can

Excellent advice from Craig!

I would also add to put money aside each month for yearly expenditures listed on your I&E so that you have the money ready and don't have to pay a big chunk out of one months budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure