One day ....

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Takmon wrote: »
    So your saying your original post was meant to be humourous but when I post saying I found your choice of words funny that has somehow got your back up :rotfl:. Surely someone finding your humourous post funny is the exact reaction you would expect ?.

If you get this wound up by two posts by an anonymous poster I'm not surprised your overreacting about being offered a smart meter.

I still maintain that it is ridiculous to accuse them of bullying and intimidation and if you post something like that on a discussion forum you need to be prepared for a discussion where not everyone will agree with you.

For your information a troll is someone who posts online to purposely upset people. My aim is not to upset you I was simply showing you how ridiculous it is to use words like "bullying" and "intimidation" when it is nothing of the sort.

I don't agree with those words being used so flippantly when bullying and intimidation are serious things that do not apply in your situation.

The basics of any post is to have a discussion where not everyone agrees with each other is basic knowledge on any forum .
    The difference here is that you are amused at the multiple ways that edf are trying to force me to change to a smart meter ,when I firmly told them no thank you .

The terms I used are not serious things in this instance .Tbh,
    the term ' harassment ' is what I should have used . That is what they are blatantly doing .
    I am not overreacting . I'm just pointing out the amount of harassment I have had , and I know I am not the only one that had encountered this bombardment from edf.

You still find it amusing , yet seem bothered by my wording rather than giving any proper opinion or debate . You just seem to be fixated by grammar . Odd.

Still we are anonymous posters who agree we have different opinions about what I have posted .
    I disagree with you being amused by my situation here , and you seem more interested in the description of my harassment .
    Fair enough
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The difference here is that you are amused at the multiple ways that edf are trying to force me to change to a smart meter ,when I firmly told them no thank you .

Just to clarify; what I said I found amusing was how people over react by saying they were "bullied" or "intimidated" by a company contacting them when this is really not the case.

I don't see why giving an opinion on the words used is any less valid than any other conversation on the subject.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Just to clarify; what I said I found amusing was how people over react by saying they were "bullied" or "intimidated" by a company contacting them when this is really not the case.

I don't see why giving an opinion on the words used is any less valid than any other conversation on the subject.

Just to clarify , you were saying that you have no idea how I function normally in the real world . I think I know what you're implying there . You still seem fixated by the words I used .
    Unbelievable . Are you a teacher , by any chance ?
    Have you got any connections with edf ?
    You haven't actually made any proper contributions to this topic in question . Just trying to justify how you are amused ,and the words that I have been using .
    Oh, well..
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    unless of course you have a mental health condition
    Have you got a mental health condition ?
    In the meantime I do not wish you any good fortune whatsoever .
    Stop.gifGive it a break you two, this private punch-up isn't adding to the general discussion !
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    Stop.gifGive it a break you two, this private punch-up isn't adding to the general discussion !

Totally agree :)
    My first conversation like this , and there won't be another .
    Let's just leave it at that and move on :)
  • Takmon
    Options
    Just to clarify , you were saying that you have no idea how I function normally in the real world . I think I know what you're implying there . You still seem fixated by the words I used .
    Unbelievable . Are you a teacher , by any chance ?
    Have you got any connections with edf ?
    You haven't actually made any proper contributions to this topic in question . Just trying to justify how you are amused ,and the words that I have been using .
    Oh, well..

Yea I did say that to demonstrate how ridiculous your overreaction to the situation was by saying you felt bullied and intimidated.

Oh dear accusing me of working for the the company :rotfl:

Well one way to stop them asking you is to accept a smart meter, after all they own the meter so just let them change it and there is no logical reason to refuse.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2019 at 7:55PM
    Options
    Yea I did say that to demonstrate how ridiculous your overreaction to the situation was by saying you felt bullied and intimidated.

Oh dear accusing me of working for the the company :rotfl:

Well one way to stop them asking you is to accept a smart meter, after all they own the meter so just let them change it and there is no logical reason to refuse.

...and you still haven't got anything constructive to say .
    How sad :rotfl:
    I didn't accuse you btw. I just asked you a question .
    You have obviously not heard of the many complaints that many people have had with their smart meters .
    It's obvious that you don't understand why I am against the installation of a smart meter. It's also obvious that I do know that we all will have one . It's just that I am waiting until all of the problems are ironed out before proceeding with a smart meter installation .
    You probably don't understand that either , and am too busy checking my wording everytime I comment .:rotfl:

I did stop as Gerry above asked . But you keep going on .
    The longer you do, the longer I will retaliate :)
    Shame really , as others just want to see proper constructive content :)
  • Takmon
    Options
    ...and you still haven't got anything constructive to say .
    How sad :rotfl:
    I didn't accuse you btw. I just asked you a question .
    You have obviously not heard of the many complaints that many people have had with their smart meters .
    It's obvious that you don't understand why I am against the installation of a smart meter. It's also obvious that I do know that we all will have one . It's just that I am waiting until all of the problems are ironed out before proceeding with a smart meter installation .
    You probably don't understand that either , and am too busy checking my wording everytime I comment .:rotfl:

I did stop as Gerry above asked . But you keep going on .
    The longer you do, the longer I will retaliate :)
    Shame really , as others just want to see proper constructive content :)

Well if you have a smart meter fitted then you have the benefit of not having to send meter readings and can see you instant consumption and detailed history of energy usage. But worst case scenario is that it doesn't function as a smart meter and send the readings so you still have to manually read it like you do now so no different but you still get the benefit of the IHD data and they stop contacting you to get one.

So getting one fitted now sounds like a win win to me even if it's not perfect. But realistically now they are fitting SMETS2 meters I can't see any more changes in the near future that is worth holding out for.

Ironically my current supplier and previous supplier have made little to no effort to get me to have a smart meter even though I would have one. Out fox the Market didn't asked me even once about a smart meter and now Utility Point did have a prompt when I logged in about 6 months ago asking if I would have one I clicked yes and i haven't heard anything since.

I really hope you find atleast some of that constructive I can't bear to read another one of your "retaliation" posts :rotfl:
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks for that Takmon :)
    Very helpful , and very informative . That was very nice of you to go out of your way for me . What a strange couple of days that was.
    I wish you good fortune ,and a possible lottery win :D

Have a good week ..;)
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,793 Forumite
    Options
    What you should do is tell them when they ring your mobile is sorry, my signal is so bad here what was it you said, you are lucky to have even got through to me it must be a good signal minute. When someone rang my landline a couple of years ago I just laughed & said good luck with that. Never had a call since & that was British Gas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure